Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Last week @tjs129 kindly pointed me in the direction of a £10 Claud Butler Cape Wrath on FB MP.
I was proper chuffed that he did as it was a large 1993 (one of the few I’m missing) and from the photo it looks like the only unoriginal parts are the bars & saddle, both of which I’ve got.
Right then, contact the seller, she replied it was still for sale we agreed Monday early evening (5-6:30) she said message on the day for exact address. Sorted. So I thought.
So Sunday, & Monday I message, no reply. Now I was heading down South anyway to pick up my daughter from Stansted airport so I thought I may as well head down to the general area and message again.
Which I did & got nothing, not until after 10:30 when I was well on my way back North to say she was sorry, but had to work late. I was nice and polite said I was still interested and could we arrange another pick up time?
Nothing, no reply to any message from that point onwards. Now of course the listing says it’s sold!

So 3 questions
1. Did anyone on here get it?
2. How f**king hard is it to just say “sorry it’s sold”?
3. Does the fact she has a good seller rating on FB mean fu*k all?

And breathe……

D1C2AC70-EC4D-4274-9576-62158A52F251.jpeg

Literally my experience with it too. Message them, politely, left on read. We can't all plan our lives around stuff we find on FB marketplace.
I generally get it the otherway round though - messed about no end when I'm selling stuff! And the lowballs - facebook is chronic for that!

In fairness, I've had real problems with FB marketplace messages - some that people send me just don't show up - sometimes for days. I presume it works in both directions.

I do think that the British traditional sense of reserve has morphed into avoidance where people would rather ghost you than say anything that might provoke an adverse reaction. Probably the result of reduced social skills including emotional intelligence.

I once booked fairly high profile speaker for work - and all seemed well, until two weeks before the event she simply ghosted us with no explanation, apology etc. There clearly wasn't any problem with illness etc as she was still posting all over social media inc work related stuff. Left a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth - and she only has to do it to the wrong person in the future, and well - it's a small enough industry that word would get around.

I do think that the British traditional sense of reserve has morphed into avoidance where people would rather ghost you than say anything that might provoke an adverse reaction. Probably the result of reduced social skills including emotional intelligence

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

And I think it’s something very particular to the younger generation.
Even my own Daughter, she had an excellent interview at an Art college back in January and was immediately given an unconditional offer right there and then (I wouldn’t have expected any less from my offspring 😎) 5 months later she finally admits to me that she’s not had anything in writing/email from said college.
I said no worries, let’s just compose a simple but polite email to the Admissions dept.
Which we did & got a very polite & apologetic reply the same day. Excellent.
So I said just reply back with a “Thank you”
She said why? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last week @tjs129 kindly pointed me in the direction of a £10 Claud Butler Cape Wrath on FB MP.
I was proper chuffed that he did as it was a large 1993 (one of the few I’m missing) and from the photo it looks like the only unoriginal parts are the bars & saddle, both of which I’ve got.
Right then, contact the seller, she replied it was still for sale we agreed Monday early evening (5-6:30) she said message on the day for exact address. Sorted. So I thought.
So Sunday, & Monday I message, no reply. Now I was heading down South anyway to pick up my daughter from Stansted airport so I thought I may as well head down to the general area and message again.
Which I did & got nothing, not until after 10:30 when I was well on my way back North to say she was sorry, but had to work late. I was nice and polite said I was still interested and could we arrange another pick up time?
Nothing, no reply to any message from that point onwards. Now of course the listing says it’s sold!

So 3 questions
1. Did anyone on here get it?
2. How f**king hard is it to just say “sorry it’s sold”?
3. Does the fact she has a good seller rating on FB mean fu*k all?

And breathe……

View attachment 638209

I know exactly what you mean....however it's probably just a "push bike" for a tenner to the seller...it's just a tenner to you but it's a catch to fill the gap in your collection!
I've found my keeness to help and go out the way selling and buying on marketplace is waning and now often just use the predictive responses!
Sad really!
I see marketplace kinda like a bootfair. ....pushy shove shove. Mine mine...etc no manners!
Literally just sold a van yesterday....I had a feeling about the first guy....he hammered me price wise but polite and keen...arrived at at 7am as he said he would....the other 30 enquiries "still available" ? What colour is it! Mot? Mileage?
No hellos....all questions that could be answered if the listing was read...
God help us all....iriots everywhere and breeding fast 🙄

I don’t do Facebook but have a few friends who buy on there as there can be some great bargains. Their advice when they find a bargain is go immediately, literally message the seller while sat in the car and get there before anyone else otherwise someone else will gazump you.

Back