Expensive grips, without packaging, what should i do ?

magicmistertea":3qr6opf8 said:
Little Bob":3qr6opf8 said:
Was the packaging mentioned in the listing?

First thing I guess is to speak to the seller and voice your displeasure, see what he comes back with.

good point !! im not sure if it says posted without packaging, because i dont speak german :LOL:
the original advert from e-bay is here........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0268655108

Sehr schöne ODI Attack griffe Neu ! Neon Gelb/Grün, Designed by John Tomac, Mushroom Comfort super bequemer Gripp ! Absolute Kultgriffe aus der guten alten Zeit.

"Beautifull ODI Attack grips New! Neon yellow/green, designed by John Tomay, mushroom comfort - great comfortable grip! absolutly cultgrips back from good old time."

Verkauft wird von und an Privat ohne Anspruch auf Garantie, Umtausch/Rücknahme, Nachverhandlung etc.

"sold from privat, no guarantee, no return,.... aso."

sorry, no information about the packaging, if included or not,...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The photos shown clearly show the packaging, and it doesn't look like a stock photo. I would expect that to come with it, especially with the cost of the postage.

Packaging does add value to the product, It would make me wonder if he was sitting on a load of sets but only one set of packaging.

Or maybe his label is a photocopy and he doesn't want you to see it up close:)

MadCowKev":2byaxqjz said:
I can't believe you paid £30 for them :roll:

madcowkev......... thanks for that !!! dont you go rolling your eyes at me !!!! i think :shock: might have been more appropriate !! :LOL:
and i was drunk when i entered my highest bid :LOL:

magas ......... thanks very much for the translation, much appreciated

harry b...... i didnt pay with pay-pal as germans do not like it !!!!! i did try.

the ken.... good point, i didnt think of that, ill send him another message, asking him if thats what happened.
cheers

Harryburgundy":3jq6ti97 said:
If you paid with Paypal, start a dispute, normally speeds up replies from people. I would say he would/should have declared that the original packaging was not included in the sale, if it wasn't.
Carl

In my experience a PayPal dispute rarely gets you anywhere. :(

NEVER go on e-bay after consuming alcohol,it has cost me more than £30 before!

Little Bob":cyk17be7 said:
Harryburgundy":cyk17be7 said:
If you paid with Paypal, start a dispute, normally speeds up replies from people. I would say he would/should have declared that the original packaging was not included in the sale, if it wasn't.
Carl

its just a sure fire way of pi$$in off the seller. mail the seller first & ask.
if they'd been straitline titanium end caps grips I woulda understood the price :LOL: ;)

£30 would buy you 3/5 of a retrobike windcheater jersey. I know which will help keep you warm on the trails this winter :LOL:

scant":1zvyupae said:
Little Bob":1zvyupae said:
Harryburgundy":1zvyupae said:
Carl

its just a sure fire way of pi$$in off the seller. mail the seller first & ask.

My understanding is that, that channel of communication netted no response....therefore that is the only next course of action. I agree, always try and sort a problem amicably first, but if no response is forthcoming, time to up the ante.
I have started a paypal dispute in the past....and in my experience tends to send a rocket up where the sun don't shine :LOL:

Latest posts

Back