ex worldcup bike: Peugeot Team

There it is! It's even in better shape as expected! :shock:

Glad you bought it, Pim! Is it allready time for a new bigger shed? :LOL:

Cheers,
Bart

Nice find. Looks in very nice condition. How could I miss this one on Marketplace....oh..I know...no time anymore.

Maybe time for another Holland Retroride as there are several new nice bikes coming up in Holland.

Cheers,
Martin

mikee":1xvurf9k said:
that seat tube/top tube layout seems to be a french signiture
mbk's bikes were that shape too , any real reason for it or just branding ?

I think the Peugoet and MBKs were made in the same factory with similar designs but different tubing (Reynolds vs Columbus), the Peugeots always looked sleeker where MBK looked clunky.

Carl.

Very sweet. I can still remember the price for what it was sold back in the days : 2499 Dutch guilders :)

drcarlos":9ihze6vh said:
mikee":9ihze6vh said:

I think the Peugoet and MBKs were made in the same factory with similar designs but different tubing (Reynolds vs Columbus), the Peugeots always looked sleeker where MBK looked clunky.

Carl.

this was true. though MBK used there own (taiwaniese) tubikes and lugs where Pug used reynolds and decent lugs (except for the low end HTE tubes).

Can beat a nice bit of steel with some campag on.

biglev":2ydrq0pk said:
drcarlos":2ydrq0pk said:
mikee":2ydrq0pk said:

Carl.

this was true. though MBK used there own (taiwaniese) tubikes and lugs where Pug used reynolds and decent lugs (except for the low end HTE tubes).

Can beat a nice bit of steel with some campag on.

Trakker hi-tech and I think it was called the Trakker Max were Columbus Cromor and Maxor though. You are probably right about the Ranger and below though as they didn't have any tube makers marking on.

Carl.

Nice looking bike. It looks very similar to my Peugeot Python of the same era, also with 531 tubing. I thought mine was around '93 but it looks as if it could be nearer '90.
There doesn't seem to be much info about on early Peugeot mtbs so does anyone know if the bikes shared the same frame?

Attachments

• python3.jpg
    python3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,016
  • python1.jpg
    python1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 2,016
6332468938_27c2f4e239_z.jpg

What a great purchase. Woh, I like the look of the rear brake.

It is a beautiful bike and this one has a history :cool:

Enjoy!
Will

Back