Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride CLAERWEN DAM NOON SAT

Re: Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride

when you say 'adventurous clothing' that could conjure up all sorts of ideas... ;)

LongboardSi":brqma1t7 said:
when you say 'adventurous clothing' that could conjure up all sorts of ideas... ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Been thinking that we should have a shared kit list for things like headset spanners that we don't need more than one set of, so far it looks like this:

[ ] Stove(s - 3 between us?)
[ ] Gas
[ ] Water purification kit
[ ] Kindling
[ ] Matches/lighter/flint
[ ] Cooking pots/utensils
[ ] Coffee/teabags
[ ] Headset spanners
[ ] 15mm pedal/wheel spanner
[ ] 14mm socket (cranks)
[ ] Spare tyre

Anything to add? Cooking stuff really just in case the bothy gas is frozen, plus maybe for tea/coffee breaks on the ride. If we can agree the list then we can share the kit out between us and save doubling up unnecessarily :cool:

I'll have a ¼" driver on my multitool if anyone has 14/15mm sockets?

Hi Pete,

I have headset/pedal spanners and sockets to bring.
Also water purifier.
Stove (MSR Multi rather than gas) and pans if needed, but I've only got teeny solo ones.

matches, kindling etc easy enough.
Also spare tyre possible

Anyone else?

All the best,

Tubes? I've got a decent mini-track pump type thing, was planning on bringing a stove and a pan with a folding silicone lid that turns it into a kettle big enough for a few cups...

I'll probably bring some peppermint tea bags... ;)

Can try an collect some tumble dryer fuzz for kindling too

bring whatever you think is appropriate please bear in mind it's likely to be cold so two St Bernards are on standby

Re:

Looking forward to this

I'll have

Mini Stove set and pans etc for One
plastic cup
pump
cool tool and adjustable spanners x2
instant coffee sachets and food
matches
water
clothes, sleeping kit

see you all Sat

LongboardSi":19pg5xuw said:
Tubes? I've got a decent mini-track pump type thing, was planning on bringing a stove and a pan with a folding silicone lid that turns it into a kettle big enough for a few cups...

I'll probably bring some peppermint tea bags... ;)

Can try an collect some tumble dryer fuzz for kindling too

Won't have the pan/kettle as it's in my campervan that's away getting fixed after someone smashed into it when it was parked up (and it's still waiting for the new back door to arrive from Germany)... forgot that

Re:

Reading those I'm tempted to leave my hefty stove behind and swap my tea/coffee/kettle/biscuits for use of someone else's stove & fuel - that sound alright?

Sorted 14 & 15mm sockets for my multitool and a proper crank cap unscrewer ;)

Think between us that covers pretty much everything!

Mrs Careless has wisely commented that we all have stoves, utensils and alcoholic beverages but what about food??

Figure we just pack whatever we want.

Importantly I am packing emergency kit including shelter and a vhf radio if anyone has additional first aid needs then please let me know and bring appropriate items, I will do a I.C.E list for all riders and please bear in mind there's extremely poor mobile signal for significant sections, however I do know the nearest neighbour and there's a nearby occupied mountain farm.
To be fair that's sensible precautions anyway for riding in many re remote areas.

Weather forecast
Hi, Basically still cold, so snow that falls from showers later this week will remain on the ground from low levels up. As things stand, Saturday looks a good day as winds ease and showers fade. Uncertainty about timing of incoming fronts for Sunday - scope for snow to arrive from the west, so watch the details carefully. Our Brecon Beacons file should be most relevant for that area: http://www.mwis.org.uk/english-welsh-forecast/BB/ Regards, Garry.

Latest posts

Back