Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride CLAERWEN DAM NOON SAT

Re: Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride

and if anyone wants to lift share at least part of the way, I'd be up for that (coming from Sheffield)

Fingers crossed we have a world cyclist joining us, and quite a tree loving character I'll find out closer to the time and it just depends on what his son is up to..

Re:

I think I have threads mixed up as I thought I had replied!

What sort of distance you looking at Joe? I do want to come but been off the bike for months now.

sorry guys, family commitments......well, daisy duties mean i cant make it. have fun though and take lots of pics :)

Re:

Spot of good news from the lovely helpful people at the Elan Valley Trust - with Google showing the bothy as permanently closed I dropped them a message a few days ago and have now received the following reply:

Dear Pete

I can advise you that our bothy at Claerddu is open 24/7 as are all bothies open to the public at all times for shelter.
So what you say the google maps is stating as permanently closed is certainly not correct information.

Thank you for getting in touch with us and I hope you have a good experience at our bothy on the beautiful Elan Estate.

Kind Regards

Annette Davies
Elan Estate Office Administrator
Elan Valley Trust
01597 810449

Please Note that I am not in the Office on Wednesdays.

So that's good! ;)

Latest posts

Back