Latitude 52.2985
Longitude -3.5180
Which is in Rhayader
B4518
Rhayader
LD6
Wales

Re: Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride

Just a month to go so could we have a roll cal please?
I have asked a couple of non RB'ers to join this ride and they know it's old school mtb's
Ride is setting off at midday at Rhayader unless it's horrible then we vehicle convoy up the Valley to the alternative starting point Caerwen Dam, good parking and a intimidating 1 1/2 mile steep climb...

Re:

Absolutely in!

Just one thought; midday seems a fairly late start given how short the daylight is - would it be wise to set off a little earlier do you think? I guess some folks may be travelling from pretty far afield though...

Perhaps worth packing some proper riding lights as well as the little headtorch ;)

I'd be coming on the Sat morning, about 3 hours, so a little earlier would be OK with me.

All the best,

Daylight being so I think we start at Claerwen Resevoir Dam, that's 11 miles of broke road riding full of enjoyment, massive drops beside it at points, opportunity for mild peril, at least one river crossing, bedrock climbs, and hopefully a welcoming Bothy.

Claerwen Resevoir Dam has a good car park over looked by a working farm. A midday kick off from there means we have ample time and for those travelling distance means no super early starts.
3 confirmed then

Me
Danson67
El Pedro

Who else?

Back