eBay snipers

And what if you forget about an item and a scheduled sniper, don't need it anymore yet end up winning the auction? :LOL:

Anyway, sniping is legitimate. On the other hand, shill bidding... :roll:

And what is it with people that ask you what your reserve price is?

Re:

Tell them to put their max bid in and see if it says reserve met.Sniping is all about keeping the auction quiet so as not to stir things up.At the end of the day you are going to either win or loose. What you dont want is other people getting carried away and pushing the price up beyond what is realistic before the end of the auction. That is exactly what happens when you put in early bids.Keep it quiet and bang in your max right on the end.You may or may not win but you will have given yourself the best possible chance.

Re:

EBay doesn't bid to the reserve, only the lowest highest amount of the bidders.

I've 'won' a few auctions that are on reserve and the reserve has not been met, yet my Max bid was higher than the 'won' price.

If the starting price is £1 and reserve price is £50 - and you're a sole bidder in the auction:

1) bid £30 and it will show as £1 and it won't sell
2) bid £100 and it will meet the reserve and sell for £50

Re:

I use Gixen a fair bit if buying on Ebay, works well for me, set your max bid and forget about it until you get the "You won!" or "you didn't win..." emails.

I see what you mean about entering a Max bid on eBay, but with the sniper it keeps your max bid hidden until the final few seconds of the auction, I think this can help keep the price lower sometimes in the lead up to the auction end.

Back