eBay snipers

Re:

Must admit I bid at the last few seconds.The auction does not really start till the final minute.Bought a camera that way a while back and there were six other bids went in in the last ten seconds.As has been said if you bid your maximum then you will either get it or not regardless of what other people do. If you dont get it and you feel grieved about it then perhaps you should have had a higher maximum or perhaps you simply dont want to spend that much. At the end of the day anything is only worth what someone will pay for it so if someone values something more than I do then I am not going to get it. One thing I do know is that if you get in a bidding war early on then you are probably going to pay a lot more than you should by the end of the auction. Its the sellers who really loose out when it comes to last second bidding

Don't use them but I have witnessed some silly things on 'bay recently. Like this saddle which as the headline tells you is a BSA Paratrooper bike saddle, it ain't unless the para's where women and had nice flowery tooling on their saddles, it turned into a real bidding war for a BSA 42L saddle, unusual but not uber rare. I have to admit 1 day later I spot a freshly listed late 30's Brooks, with decorative leather tooling, ladies saddle BiN for £39... it should turn up tomorrow and finally the late 30's BSA ladies roadster
gets finished.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251678186319? ... EBIDX%3AIT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

You mean some of you people actually sell things on eBay ?
FWIW I snipe too. As previously mentioned, just put in your max spend and see what happens. If someone else thinks it's worth more and does the same, it's theirs, simples.

Mike

Interesting read thanks.

I lost out on 2 items to snipers this weekend - a set of badly described Turbines and a Rocky Ridge / IFT frame.

Which Sniping programme do you recommend please?

Hmmmmmm. I'm confused now. Easily done. I put in a max bid in the last minute and se what happens. Is that sniping?
Mike

Back