Donnay Carbon(io) Pro 8000

Re: Donnay Carbon Pro 8000 (it's an Alan, honest!)

BobCatMax":1avwj64s said:
hehe, the hunt for fluro bar tape is going very badly. the hunt for nice black bar tape has gone very well thank you.

I've also swapped the stem out for something 10mm shorter, and it definitely helps. May go another 20mm shorter as I'm still verging on uncomfortably stretched out..

Whats on it? looks like it needs an 80 or something. Plus, you could then put the seat back a little bit.

on it i think is a 120mm, I reckon I could get away with a 90mm. I've put the seat even further forward after my first ride. I'm seriously considering a seat post thats more inline that the current one. I prefer a bit more of a TT set up and my bum feels too far back at the moment, I don't feel like I'm over the pedals, more behind them

put a few more miles on it in the last 3 weeks, around a ton I think.

picked myself up a no-name 90mm 26.0 shiny shiny stem from t'bay, and that felt a lot better up front.

arrived this morning from wadsy in deepest darkest Berkshire was a 25mm use seatpost. that feels a WHOLE lot better at the back.

as it stands i will possibly move it back a little to find some middle ground between function and not killing the lines of the bike so much (which i think it does a little)

anyway, less ado-ing, more picturing...

Attachments

• almost there.jpg
    almost there.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 1,070
right. been having a lot of fun on this when the sun is out.

piccy is from the start of May on a 40m test loop through Eartham. Eventually planning on upping the mileage by 20 each time to a century, but i keep getting stuck at 40...

(forgive all the post-proccessing, it was a slow day at work..)
EarthamCanvasweb_zpsf4acbb3b.jpg

*sigh*

a few days change over two years since this was strongarmed* into my life by Dylan (DA-EVO)

miss you mate

*not really very strong at all in fact

BobCatMax":bscggh6r said:
*sigh*

a few days change over two years since this was strongarmed* into my life by Dylan (DA-EVO)

miss you mate

I'm with you there mate :(

Hope to see you on Godders' ride Max :xmas-wink:

Mike

Mike Muz 67":1fumwk8t said:
BobCatMax":1fumwk8t said:
*sigh*

miss you mate

I'm with you there mate :(

Hope to see you on Godders' ride Max :xmas-wink:

Mike

It's a good thing to have something connected to someone that's no longer here....have several thing from a certain small person that I treasure dearly and are a great comfort :(
And as Mike said it would be lovely to see you on the 27th if you can make it :xmas-wink:

Mick

This bike is always on my mind around this time of year and as a result I'm usually thinking about how it would've looked originally and the things we talked about before we couldn't talk any more.

I managed to source a lovely polished ally fork that looks great (I've attached a pic with it mocked up as I'm still missing a couple of bits) whilst it's not an alan fork, it's still pretty damn cool (and Belgian?)

I'm very conscious about how rare the Spox wheelset is so I have half an eye open for some deep v section ally wheels

Attachments

• DSC_0420-01~01.jpg
    DSC_0420-01~01.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 536

Latest posts

Back