does this belong to a RB member?

Funny but now that the original ad is down nowhere in this thread mentions what the "sweet original example" actually is…

lewisfoto":d2ghpw78 said:
Funny but now that the original ad is down nowhere in this thread mentions what the "sweet original example" actually is…

It was a rather nice (understatement!) 89 Blizzard

Attachments

• 1989 Blizz.JPG
    1989 Blizz.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 271
Re:

from the ad. until we get a thread to drool over.

Attachments

• 00k0k_fxl5VxIMBL6_600x450.jpg
    00k0k_fxl5VxIMBL6_600x450.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 00z0z_kC6GO7VVbVg_600x450.jpg
    00z0z_kC6GO7VVbVg_600x450.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 258
PeteC, awesome that you picked up this nice Blizzard!
Amazing condition! The original tires are barely worn! I should have bought it when it was listed for $300 last month, but it was hard to tell the condition in the original listing, and the ad didn't last long...not that I need another, but mine is not exactly well preserved. :LOL:

It looks original except for the saddle and sti shifters. I think a number of people swapped out their thumbies for STI back in the day. I remember our shop had a box full of used XT and Deore thumb shifters that nobody wanted back then.

Thanks guys, I am so happy to have this one! Looks like a perforated white Turbo might be on order. I'll need to check the mombat site for the first year of the STIs, in case no one here chimes in first. From memory, they may have come out in 1989 or even 1988? My 1990 Pinnacle has them and they were original to that bike. And the original owner of the Blizzard used the bike so little that I can't imagine he'd change thumbies out for STIs a year after he bought it.

Didn't realize the seller first posted it for $300. Must've gotten overwhelmed by responses, deleted the original ad, and re-posted at $900? I got it for a little less than that ($800... or $620 USD). Given that it only needs a saddle, it was an easy sale.

This one almost looks too easy to justify posting it later :LOL: But I'll show everyone the full pics when I get it. Still haven't figured that out yet. I might fly up for a quick weekend visit, buy my brother-in-law a few pints to say thanks, hug my sister and nephew and niece, and bring my new bike home. That actually sounds like an awesome weekend.

Not to answer my own question, but it looks like STI came out in 1990 as Blizz noted. Maybe this frame was sold late in 1989 or it was sitting around and sold in 1990. I can't imagine the original owner would've changed 'em out. So, maybe I'll add some thumbies and 2 finger XT brake levers to the shopping list and sell the STIs?

PeteC":14vh4lbb said:
Not to answer my own question, but it looks like STI came out in 1990 as Blizz noted. Maybe this frame was sold late in 1989 or it was sitting around and sold in 1990. I can't imagine the original owner would've changed 'em out. So, maybe I'll add some thumbies and 2 finger XT brake levers to the shopping list and sell the STIs?

That's the same info I got from one of the local dealers here. The 1987-89 Blizzards didn't sell well so there was some year cross over.

Great buy. That's a Slope as well. It has the better prestige fork and rear triangle.

Congrats!

Ya - that current exchange rate sure sweetens the pot for you guys south of the 49th, these days.

PeteC, I dont actually remember seeing the other ad and I have an app that sends me craiglist alerts based on keywords. thats how I saw it in the first place. unless it was labeled as something other than a rocky mountain at first. It may have been a quick flip and you got it from the flipper, him getting a fast $500. ask your brother in-law if it was in fact the original owner..who knows.
BTW finders fee goes to Karma ;)

Back