Does anyone else use a chain keeper?

I lazily let the chain flop about or let it rest on a qr skewer. But they're quite nifty those chainkeepers. Easy to make as well. I might buy one.

Yup. I've got a Pedros one from yonks ago. Great little bit of kit.

My retro oranges (at least the P7 and C16) have a little pip on the chainstay that you can rest the chain on. Not as good for transport (and it chips the paint) but handy nonetheless.

One of my bikes has a built in chain keeper. It's a tiny little peg brazed on to the seat stay. If you need to remove the wheel, just hook the chain on the peg.

Here's a few pictures I found online:

ZEfWl.jpg

vOvGxgY.jpeg

I don't use one only because all the bikes in the family have fully wrapped chainstays (old innertube). Might pick one up though for when I service other people's bikes.

One of my bikes has a built in chain keeper. It's a tiny little peg brazed on to the seat stay. If you need to remove the wheel, just hook the chain on the peg.

Here's a few pictures I found online:

ZEfWl.jpg

vOvGxgY.jpeg
That’s a portacena, a nifty addition and I’ve definitely used this on the bikes I’ve got with one fitted.

Campagnolo made something called a portacatena which does a similar job but enables you to “shift” on to it ready to change your wheel without having to touch the dirty chain.

Latest posts

Back