Wall mounted Key Safes- recommendations

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Having had the front door slam behind me this morning as I chased after the Postie who had wrongly delivered a parcel due for someone else, I have decided to fit a key safe.
Does anyone have any recommendations, or are they all much of a muchness?
Master Lock? Chubb? Abus?
Ta , Sub

Pretty sure all of the ones I’ve encountered have been made by Master. These have been at holiday cottages, caravan sites and aging parents houses! My only observation is that they make a model with a rubber cover that is useless after about a year on the wall, just becomes misshapen in the sun and falls off.

I had to do some work this week at a location with a key safe and thought it's probably the best I've used so far: I think it was this one...

The Squire push-button ones are pretty easy to "pick" and don't have a hook on the inside for the key to hang on so wouldn't particularly recommend them. (Funnily enough they were perfect for the application I've used them in - security wasn't a massive deal and I actually wanted a key safe I was sure I could open even if some joker decided to change the combination on me!)

Whichever lock you take a look at search for picking videos on YouTube before you purchase - Masterlock are very often utterly useless.

Back