• Do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
kaiser":26elulfl said:
Argghh was gonna add a pinched option.

Pinched.

POS steel thing that i upgraded with M231 wheels, DX thumbies and way too much blue ano. I think by the time it got pinched only the frame, forks and stem were original. It weighed a ton but i used to hammer that thing round chicksands every weekend for a couple of years.

Best bit was we used to cycle from Letchworth station to get there, which was about 10 miles each way.

I think that bike is partly why I still have a soft spot for POS bikes that the owner has unreasonably thrown money at! :LOL:

nope long gone - '92 Marin Muirwoods, only had it for 2 months until my dad got fed up with me breaking something every ride and bought me a Bear Valley SE in the hope that it might last longer when in reality i still broke something every ride and it now cost more to replace :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

my first mtb was a m/fox, i sold it to a guyt i used to know and think i think it is somewhere in Hamilton[near Glasgow]painted a dull red rattle can job,stx stuff,prob'scrapped

Do

A 1990 (I think) GT tubing. 7 speed STIs and grey splatter paint. Saved for ages to buy it as a kid. Very heavy frame. Currently it's festering but soon to be rebuilt as a commuter. It's a keeper.

Sadly long since gone, a Specialized Hardrock Sport, puchased from Halfords where the salesman told my Dad Carrera had taken over Specialized and thats why it was reduced, my Dad knew otherwise :LOL:

Mine was a Townsend Explosion with the Exage push/push shifters

Left it out side the house about ten years ago with a free to a good home sign and saw a youngster ride off on it.

Fitting end to my first MTB

Kinda.

Restored a 1987 Cannondale SM600 this year to replace the one I had (stolen mid 90's). Its identical to the one I had. Does this count?

Si

First really crap MTB got nicked....

But it was so crap it doesn't really count.

The first proper MTB was a Carrera Krakatoa from Halfords... I hammered that bike and upgraded everything on it.... The frame and forks are in my dad's loft....

First DECENT MTB was my Dave Yates. And it's been with me for 14 years....

Don't i'm afraid. Was in the family and used every day by my step-father until 18 months ago when it snapped above the bottom bracket (full of water and thus rust, was never maintained after I sold it to him).

scan0002_170.jpg

Don't have it anymore.

'Twas a '92 Diamond Back Response. 22 inch frame, hot yellow with early Marzocchi forks, LX with Deore thumbies and a brahma bar.

Rode it everywhere when I was at Uni, then got a job in a bike shop and sold it so someone emigrating to the UK. Upgraded to another (but lighter) True Temper steel frame with better bits on it. Loved working in that shop... lots of loveliness to look at and try.

Back