Disc brake mounts...help!

as you spin the wheel, you should see the outer edge go in and out but it should not go beyond the outer edge of the pad - same on the inner - if any part of the disc does, then you have issue like in my photo of section of braking surface that is not used.

if the calliper is too far in, the outer edge of the disc can rub on the calliper.

.... but is sounds like you donlt have any of these porblems and all is good to go. :)

02gf74":2l1y106j said:
as you spin the wheel, you should see the outer edge go in and out but it should not go beyond the outer edge of the pad - same on the inner - if any part of the disc does, then you have issue like in my photo of section of braking surface that is not used.

if the calliper is too far in, the outer edge of the disc can rub on the calliper.

.... but is sounds like you donlt have any of these porblems and all is good to go. :)

What you described is what I am seeing as I rotate the wheel so I'm happy! Thanks for the help...just need to get out this weekend and give it a good thrashing!

Raging_Bulls":gj9bhvlw said:
ermm ... please don't tell me this is about the same Marin that you had trouble with earlier. :shock:

seems to be - same Fox fork, same XT post mount calliper ...... :?

02gf74":1cac4yl0 said:
Raging_Bulls":1cac4yl0 said:
ermm ... please don't tell me this is about the same Marin that you had trouble with earlier. :shock:

seems to be - same Fox fork, same XT post mount calliper ...... :?

...errrm yes! :oops: But all sorted now! :D

Back