Disc brake mounts...help!

looking at that picture I still think the adapter from Clee Cycles that I linked to will fit and you would have been able to keep the 160mm disc

post-is180.jpg

1210tech":18zofmo8 said:
looking at that picture I still think the adapter from Clee Cycles that I linked to will fit and you would have been able to keep the 160mm disc

post-is180.jpg

I'm not so sure the actual caliper would not fit between the the PM mounts on the forks...Perhaps this is actually an IS to PM mount...see my previous confusion over part naming!

wookiee":9zk0bae9 said:
greenstiles":9zk0bae9 said:
upside down / wrong way round adaptor ? try it other way...doesn't look like pads are over the discs at one end in the pic,

...you could well be right...let me check!...

Nope its the only way the adapter will fit...there is maybe a 2mm gap between the pad and the inner edge of the braking surface...and to be honest I'm happy to live with that!

Thanks tho worth a check for sure!

greenstiles":2oezat0t said:
i've added more info to my previous advice......if it helps any.

Thanks for the further update... there is no adjustment to bring the caliper further in towards the fork (which is what potentially would be needed)...Although upon inspection the inner edge of the rotor is wavy and the first pic was taken at the widest point...see this pic and the pad is flush with the rotor...

Attachments

• cu.jpg
    cu.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 354
unfortunately the photo does not help me.... but from what I can tell, the pads do sweep the braking surface.

depending on what rotor you have fitted - don't recognise that one - the top and inner edges may not be circular so the edges of the rotor will be in line with the edge of the pad and at other times somewhere within the pad.

I'll be surprised if the XTR callipers need special adatper.

02gf74":2v59u131 said:
unfortunately the photo does not help me.... but from what I can tell, the pads do sweep the braking surface.

depending on what rotor you have fitted - don't recognise that one - the top and inner edges may not be circular so the edges of the rotor will be in line with the edge of the pad and at other times somewhere within the pad.

I'll be surprised if the XTR callipers need special adatper.

You're going to have to help me "sweep"? And bang on with the rotor it is "wavy"

This one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AZTEC-180 ... 500wt_1288

So yes the distance from the inner braking surface edge varies greatly...equally the outer edge aswell.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sweep - the area on the disc that is rubbed by the pads.

attachment shows a KCNC Razor disc that has been marked with blue marker pen, then spun and brake aplied. You can see the bottom part of the disc is still blue, because the pad has not rubbed the marker pen off so that part of the disc is not "swept" by the pads.

to solve this, the callliper has to be moved further in. (except I could not do that since the Magura Martas are IS mount and have narrow pads)

I would suggest you do the same on your disc and see what part of the disc braking surface, if any, is unswept.

Attachments

• DSC07608.JPG
    DSC07608.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 336
....ah ok I get it...thanks for that I've just had a go at re-alining them and looks ok to me...ideally the pads would be nearer the inner edge but after a quick test ride they seem a load better than my previous brakes...

Back