Diamondback Apex build

bars set up with the LX stis combi levers and Ritchey WCS foam grips and bar plugs:

and a quick mock up on frame with wheels to see how they go together....im happy with it so far :)

ill get some nicer outdoor images once its all together.

got a cable set ready for gearing it up.

not sure how im going to do all this without breaking it to the mrs that i've gone and built up another bike....
still not happy with the tyres though, just not tidy looking enough.....

fitted the front mech and touched up some of the paint chips (worst part the DS chain stay) after finding a pretty close match in the mrs nail varnish bag....

i may tidy it up a bit, but to be honest, im getting my heart set on a complete colour change (blast/powdercoat).

will see how my task of getting decals sorted goes first...

this arrived today:

file.php

file.php

still not happy with my tyre choice at the moment, but found some IRC Mythos in the garage, will slap them on and see how they look with the rims.

also looking to get myself a set of decals made up. Having a go at the vector drawings myself thorugh work.
getting the tracing paper out soon....
a new powdercoat, i feel, is inevitable...just dont know if i should stray from current colour, or go for my shade of teal....

I always loved the colour (as did my daughter who claimed it was 'pink'), but I reckon you're doing the right thing in renewing the paint job and decals. I have a feeling teal will really suit this one.

Re:

Well, I think I'd like to complete the build before I go and splash out on a new skin for it.
All that's left:

Saddle
Cassette
Chain

bumping this up as im going back in on it - been held up building another bike ;) i'm sure many can relate on here....:p

Great looking build so far Twain and i'm just loving the original paint colour of thr frame and i totally agree about the tyres as i've got a similar dilema with my fire mountain ..

Back