Devon or Cornwall? Your thoughts please.

We have been camping in Cornwall loads of times but this year we are trying Devon, Damage Barton to be precise. Anyone else ever camped there?

My mum lives in Totnes for much of the year and so I would echo some of the comments posted already. I like the town - the hippie market is great fun and some real characters there.

I think there are also good transport links - Mum uses buses, training and boats in the season so potential for some interesting days out with the family. Good coastal walking

We stay on the Steamer Quay caravan club site close enough to walk up into the town but nice walks out from there as well.

Another vote for North Devon and Cornwall. Just spent a week near Bude, spent the last few years holidaying in small cottages in the area with my wife and two young (under 4) children.

Few places worth a visit:

www.trethorneleisure.com
www.bigsheep.co.uk
www.themilkyway.co.uk
www.exmoorzoo.co.uk

Without the kids:

www.chycor.co.uk/cycling-museum

To stay:

www.broomhillmanor.co.uk
www.northwayholidaycottages.co.uk/index.shtml (Cycle Friendly)

Pint of Tribute and Doombar worth a try too :cool:

Cheers
Matt

I live in Exmouth Devon and nice sandy beach here and lots to do and easy to get to different places.

North Devon would get my vote. I am from Totnes and the Torbay area has suffered in recent years to say the least. The only town worth the bother is Brixham. Having said that, some of the beaches are perfect for young children. If you want to see Dartmoor Dr, PM me and I will give you my brother's contacts. He always likes showing people around and knows pubs and history you won't find otherwise!

Thorpie":2pds9lee said:
We have been camping in Cornwall loads of times but this year we are trying Devon, Damage Barton to be precise. Anyone else ever camped there?

Damage Barton outside Mortehoe/Woolacombe? Was up past there this afternoon! Never stayed there, but looks great and in a wonderful location. Hope you get the weather :D

Back