Demon Frameworks mtb, pro pics on page 14! update 25/12/21

just got back from the wheel builders, bad news!

spot the problem! It's obvious by the way. will be nipping back to royce on monday to get them swapped over! :LOL:

Attachments

• goldmember!!.jpg
    goldmember!!.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 982
A 32 and a 36?

Or wheelbuilder said too much gold, blinded, cant build.

While you are there, i think you should get a matching set with the R filled in black, or both neither.

36/40 instead of 32/32! :LOL:

doh!

i never even looked, just assumed cliff knew they were 32/32 which is what i said i needed, these as it turned out are tandem hubs

Hope to get up to the NEC this year - now that I'm living closer. Surely the mix-up with the hubs was a perfect excuse for why you needed to build up a tandem. :)

got no-one to ride it with :( of the lady type anyway!

it did give me the excuse to buy some of Cliff's tools though, i have the hub greasing tool and the B/B tools now.

i also asked about a set of QR's, he's sold out at the moment but i've asked him to do some to match as he hasn't done any ti-nitrided QR's yet.

the frame is at the finishers at the moment, shouldn't be long! :D :D

bling wheels built and ready for when the frame arrives! :D

Attachments

• bling wheels.jpg
    bling wheels.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 714
  • bling wheels2.jpg
    bling wheels2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 714
well regarding spokes i always prefer silver, i like the way they glint in the sun and can reflect on to the tarmac (if on road), also i used standard nipples, i was thinking of using alloy nipples in gold but decided against as all my stuff gets used and i'd rather have the strength in the wheels.

they do look super bling in the metal though! :D

Back