Dawes Imperial 531c Road Bike HELP - FAKE?

brknteef

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, not entirely sure where the best place to post this question is. I recently bought a Dawes Imperial 531C 60cm Road bike on ebay. I've seen that you can buy Reynolds stickers online and i was wandering if there was a way i could check to see if my frame is infact reynolds or wether the seller(previous person) has just stuck a Reynolds sticker on the frame. Is there any way i can check as besides the sticker i can't see any information to proves so. The sticker is "Reynolds 531c - Forks Blades, Stays,and Butted Frame Tubes".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

Please see link of purchased bike:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dawes-imperia ... 7675.l2557

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Hi

I'd expect a Dawes Imperial to be 531c. Looks like a nice bike at first glance...

Does it have the Dawes engraving at the seat cluster? Seatpost should be 27.2. It all looks right in the ebay photos.

Re:

Yes, it does have DAWES engraving on the seat cluster. Unsure on the exact seat tube measurement as i don't have a ruler. Thanks for your responses so far.

Regards,

Dave

Back