Dawes Galaxy - Good, Bad and Pretty Ugly

Seen something very similar to mounts from Rose for a few quid on Amazon, will probably head down the LBS for a cheap rack and then get some of those clips to mount.

Managed to buckle the rear wheel on the maiden voyage so that will need truing. Urgh.

Yes the 65cm is an awesome size, especially with the train carriage length toptube, no more back pain.

Need to fit some mudguards as well as the new tyres have a bead of rubber down the centre that flings dirty water everywhere when I'm on the road.

Had looked at Candice bags but a set would cost more than I paid for the bike.

Running total (For my own reference as much as anything) of -

£51 initial purchase
£17 Tyres and tubes
£6 Chain
£6.50 Bar tape
£10 Gear and brake cables

Leaving me £10 to get a rack and bag and keep total cost under £100, doubt that's doable.

Where are you. Check out thread in my link for the tourer. The rack it had on it is here somewhere. You can have it for postage or collect.

Just had a look, that tourer is enormous :)

I'm near Cambridge, that would be amazing if I could get the rack.

Would be myhermes then. Unless you know anybody between Cheltenham and Swindon who I could drop it to.

I have just fitted a set of the Tubus clamps on my Galaxy,must say very impressed,much neater than P clips
Chris

Re:

Can anyone assist me with my gearing quandry -

a) the front mech will struggle to get into the biggest ring but once there it then rubs on the mech meaning I have to back it off towards the inner ring. I can't seem to find a balance between the two, any ideas? I've had the limit screws in every conceivable poisition and there seems to be no happy medium where it will shift and not rub.

b) the rear mech seems to have once been spring loaded but now it doesn't move enough to take up the slack of the inner ring unless you are in the largest ring on the rear. The allen bolt also wont screw in completely to the hanger as the thread of the mech ends before it's tight, thought about shimming or spacering it but I'm not sure if that will mess anything up.

The History Man":24gmfyg8 said:
Rack arrive?

Yes, I'm sure I PM'ed you to say I'd got it and thank you. Guessing that is sent in my outbox half finished. Would you be able to tell me how you fixed the top of it to the frame as I can't see where I mount it?

And, thank you, again :)

No pm here.

Top was cable tied. I only used it once before restoring the bike.

You can always click a forum member's feedback link and post a message if you're happy. (Hint)

The History Man":19uivf3w said:
No pm here.

Top was cable tied. I only used it once before restoring the bike.

You can always click a forum member's feedback link and post a message if you're happy. (Hint)

I was planning on using a pair of Jubilee clips, will pop some feedback on for you. Thanks :)

Back