Dawes 1993 Double Edge Tandem

I transport mine on two standard roof bars - take off the captain's seatpost, the front wheel, and the right hand pedals. Then the whole lot lies flat on its right hand side on the bars.

One tandem has V's on the back and Maguras up front and seems fine for braking. With two sets of HS33's the tandem with a child trailer still pulled up no trouble in torrential rain on a 1 in 4 in Devon while touring last year.

Gravy Monster":1edd4mg1 said:
Would love to but would need to arrange a VAN in advance :sad:

I got my one in the Corsa with the wheels off. No room for any passengers though! :? I'm going to have to ride the Cobra aren't I? (Shall I bring the Ti Bolt just in case?) :LOL:

Just weighed the tandem and it's 45.3 lb!

cyfa2809":1zat7s2k said:
Id be interested in a 'trial' run on this!

:cool: , Well it's on loan to a mate at the mo for another couple of weeks. I'll give you a shout when I get it back! :LOL:

Looking forward to using this

Thanks Tim for delivery

Will change the canti brakes because I want to do the Devon dirt bike ride in May on it

Should have a few laughs on it

Kirbdug :D

very nice tandem that. i have a bare tandem frame ,and wondered where you could find left hand threaded single cranks,for the timing chain ? ,or I was just thinking of losing a ring off the rear

Re:

Yey, it's mine again!!! :D I just bought it back from Kirbdug. Mark's used it a bit, upgraded a few bits and has looked after it well! Condition wise it still looks only a couple of years old not over 20. Thanks Mark. Here's the latest pics >>>

Added:
Linky to the 2 years Kirbdug owned it thread >>> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=288364&hilit=tandem&start=10

Attachments

• 20160625_181925_resized.jpg
    20160625_181925_resized.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 442
  • 20160625_181921_resized.jpg
    20160625_181921_resized.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 442
Back