Paris tandem frame

Johnny Ragwort

Dirt Disciple
As some of you may know, my father-in law Alvin Smith passed away last year. He was a big noise on the local veteran cycle scene, and among other things was the VCC's marque enthusiast for Paris Rensch bicycles. Much of his collection has now been sold off (it's all gone to good homes!) but among the remaining bits is a Paris tandem frame. My wife - Alvin's youngest daughter - is desperate to take this thing on as a project, but while I could certainly build it up into a tandem, I suspect this might be a genuine rarity and would deserve better than what I would do with it, which is to buy a cheap and cheerful Dawes Galaxy twin, rob the forks and all the bits off it and build it all onto the Paris frame. I haven't been able to find out much about it, but Paris tandem frames seem to be pretty rare!
So I suppose my question is, does anyone know anything about this? Is it as rare as I think it might be? Is it a Paris at all? Does anyone have a pair of Paris tandem front forks - or any other bits - in their shed? The only photo I've got is this rather crappy one of it in the back of my wife's car (I susect it's going to be coming home with her this evening), but for what it's worth, here it is.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1875.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1875.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 25
Looks like a late one with good tubing etc. So any good quality tandem forks will do, that is in the same style. Should be a nice ride.
Condor cycles are still making new Paris models.

Last edited:
As long as you don't make any irreversible changes to the frame, I'd say do whatever it takes to get it roadworthy and enjoy it. That what it was made for, I believe.

Sounds like a terrific project to me! :)

Latest posts

Back