Dave Lloyd Concept 90? (Frame ID)

Re:

Happy to report the ride went well - no cartoon capers other than a little adjustment to the front mech. Had a bit of scraping on the big/low which I dialled out with the barrel adjuster on the downtube. Must admit I did this with a bit of trepidation (see posts above) but the band-on is holding well. Mind you probably helps that they're now the right way up ;)

Re:

A few further adjustments and I was out again yesterday. Lowered the STI lever positions and raised the seat as well as moving it forwards slightly. Journeyed a little further as I settle in with the Concept 90. Feels markedly lighter than my Graham Weigh (pictured earlier) This may be down to the weight saved on the Dura Ace components then? The groupset on the GW is 1055. Can't imaging it's down to the F&F as the GW is in Reynolds 853 whilst the D Ll is...well I may never know!

Ride feels nippier with a better forward position. I've always felt that the 55cm GW is a tad too big for me. Confirmed this whilst riding a 54cm Raleigh Triathlon earlier on this year that proved more compact, but possibly just a smidgen too much so. The Concept 90 feels smack bang in the middle. I've some Nitto Noodles which I'll try out on the GW by the way - we'll see if my plan works.

My only issues on the run yesterday were a few missed gears now and again. I'm giving it time to bed-in and will continue to adjust some more. I do have an issue which the rear mech binding though - Was doing so on the workstand and could explain the teething problems. To be honest the temptation to just ride was stronger than my resolve to deal with 'the technicalities'! Besides 'twas blowing so much much on the way back - both me and the wind - that I couldn't hear those slight jockey wheel annoyances.

Here's a shot from yesterday then...

Bar tape to go on next and a change of seat as well

Re:

This is what it's all about! Reason I love my new build (and my other bikes) is they can take me to places like this :)

NB White Turbo added: not aesthetic but arse-thetic decision :LOL:

Re:

Can't believe it's been 9 months or so since I got my Concept 90 on the road. Changed the Dura Ace 7700 crankset (now on the Graham Weigh) for an age-related compact, a Shimano R700, during the first couple of months riding. Took a while to get used to the ratio, and I'm still not convinced really having only ever ridden a standard. May well change the chainrings some time to 52/36 which may prove a good compromise. Yes the 34 is nice to have on severe climbs but the ratio has made me pretty lazy (and that's saying something!) Anyway I really miss pushing the big ol' 53-11 (when I'm avoiding routes going up the hills) :LOL: Definitely a grinder not spinner.

Here are a couple more recent pics then...

Re:

Popped a set of Panaracer Pasela Tour Guards (700x25 folding) on there, as well as a black San Marco Rolls. Oh and bar tape ofcourse. Plans for the future? Well the respray is a maybe but adding the 'missing' braise ons I'll probably skip as I never did ascertain whether the tubing was Reynolds 753, 653 or something entirely different (no, not the gate in the pictures) Kind of got used to the bolt on look anyway :LOL:

The correct forks are probably just a pipedream but who knows, they may turn up on here one day. Or maybe some 1" threaded 90s carbon forks? :shock: Who knows?

Short-term maybe lighten the colour scheme slightly by adding a dash of grey to match the 3ttt Ergo Power bars, Evol stem and Mavic Open S.U.P. CD rims (on DA 7403 hubs) I think grey cloth bar tape and cables might do the trick, topped off with a grey suede saddle: A San Marco Laser perhaps.

Missing the correct barrel adjuster for my front 7700 brake so have a 7800 on there at the moment. So group-set wise not one for the purists, but do you know what? I don't care :p It's been as much fun to ride as it was to build, even better once I had things clamped the right way up or the right round!

Enjoy the good weather over the next few days folks - Happy Cycling!

Re:

(the spruced up Graham Weigh) ;)

Needs black Mavic Cosmos or CXP21s and yes the bar tape and saddle don't match (there is a reason....) Oh and upgrading all the other parts to match the Dura-Ace 7700 crankset off the Dave Lloyd :x

Re:

I love what you've done with the Concept 90.

I am still looking for one in 56cm, although I added a very early 531 road frame and another Cats Wiskas to the stable late last year.

I'll get one sooner or later, enjoy yours, it look excellent, really purposeful.

Latest posts

Back