Dave Lloyd Concept 90? (Frame ID)

Re:

To the best of my knowledge Dave's Ti frames were not made by him, so just a "badge engineered" Eastern European ti frame most likely....

I've always thought mine was "a ringer" so to speak... very exciting to see another on eBay. Mine has Italian BB threads though and no stamp on the rear dropout.

Will post a pic in a bit!

Here's mine... now I've looked it does have a similar stamp on the rear drop out. Might email the seller to confirm his definitely has english BB threads... No wonder he can't get the BB out if it's Italian!

Re:

With the full compliment of braze-ons again I see...Very nice it is too. Does the serial number begin with 'LL...'?

Mines not a Concept 90 I'm afraid - generic Ti frame that must have gone through Lloyds Paint shop (along with the eBay one). Mine has no LL serial number. My CATS MTB does have an LL number though!

I'm now looking for a nice Concept90 though...

Re:

Yeah, it's odd: Mine seems to fit in with the Month/Year/Frame Number sytem but minus the "LL" prefix. Glad it's got the stamps on the dropout then!

Any views on the lack of braze ons? This frame is pretty different in that regard to all the Concepts 90s I've seen online so far...It'd be great to find out why :LOL:

Re:

No response from Dave I'm afraid. Anyone else have or ever seen one of these minus braze-ons? Were the majority 653 or 753? Anyway to tell the difference? (C sharp when tapped? :LOL: )

Re:

Finally getting round to building this :) Have posted a 'wants' list here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 9#p2283489 (thanks for the responses so far!) but thought I'd come back here to post info/ask questions on the build.

Couple of quickies then:

In place of the braze-ons I'm thinking of using these

As far as the gear cable stops go would prefer to use a band-on from some old Shimano downtube shifters as detailed here http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44661 Not 100% sure what model(s) to look for though. Any views on this? The alternative Origin8 clamp won't look as good nor does it allow for the fitting of those Shimano adjusters either. As I mentioned in my 'wants' post and previously here I will have the stops and mounts re-brazed onto the frame but want to ride it before I go to that expense (coz this is being done on a budget if no-one's noticed :LOL: )

So...pictures and updates of the frame to follow soon. Sneak preview is that I have been working hard at collecting a ragbag of parts etc (Dura Ace - a ragbag :LOL: ? )

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Another 'flying banana'! I thought mine was the only one still out on the road :LOL: Beautiful build Rob! Looks immaculate - nice choice of wheels as well ;)

Back