Dave Lloyd Concept 90? (Frame ID)

Re:

Cheers Neil :) It's nice to get some feedback on it. There was a Concept 90 up on eBay about a month ago but that was a 54. No doubt you've got it tagged in your watched items on 'the bay' anyway. Good luck! I was really fortunate with mine: It wasn't listed as a Concept 90 and but Dave Loyd (sic) so I think that's how I managed to bag such a bargain. I won't let on how much I paid for it. Don't want retrobikers choking on their Sunday dinner :LOL:

Think I'll go and bump my 'forks wanted' thread...

Re:

I've seen the 54 F&F every time it's been listed, but it's just a touch too small.

No rush, one will eventually turn up.

Re:

Just acquired a 54cm Concept 90 with the zany CW style paint job. Has the cutaway BB shell and integral cable guides. Pondering on build, but will probably go with DT shifters and Dura ace for a change. What's the seat tube dia' on yours?

Re:

Could have a new down tube fitted? (About £80) Depends on how much you value her? While your' at it, could add the braze on's too, as it will need a repaint.
May seem pricey, but when you consider what the equivalent would cost to build today?

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":13zxuuay said:
Could have a new down tube fitted? (About £80) Depends on how much you value her? While your' at it, could add the braze on's too, as it will need a repaint.
May seem pricey, but when you consider what the equivalent would cost to build today?

Been quoted around £160 to have the above done with an 853 tube, minus respray ofcourse. Problem is my build doesn't even have the original forks. Managed to find the Dave Lloyd ones that I fitted for a good price but they are not off a Concept 90 - earlier I'd say, 80s maybe. The rake is certainly different to the ones that should be on there. Been back on my Graham Weigh (pictured earlier) and it felt nice to ride again. Have fitted some Nitto Noodles and shorter Nitto stem which have improved the fit for me. And by god, it was nice to pedal standard (53/39) again after my experiment with a compact on the Dave Lloyd. Rhetorical question: the Concept 90 is unsafe to ride now I take it?

Re:

I Also have the same Grahame Weigh frame and Forks, but again it has the short, Lo-pro TT head tube, it has a well stuck seat post though, so another project in the offing, I believe it's Columbus tubing?
Bob Jackson's and Woodrups from Leeds charge around £80 for a new down tube and their work is pretty good. However what about contacting Dave Lloyd for a repair?

Re:

I tried contacting Dave twice when I originally got the frame but received no response I'm afraid. Thanks for the tips re: other repairers/frame builders. Not sure if it's generally more expensive for brazed frames though in general. I think the Graham Weighs are nice. Mine's Reynolds 853. Just looking at the picture of my Raleigh Triathlon there again. Gutted man :cry: Kind of went from three road bikes to one in space of a few months. Them's the 'breaks' I suppose :LOL:

Latest posts

Back