Dave Lloyd Concept 90? (Frame ID)

Re: Re:

fatfixie":3k7npbzz said:
lloyd1.jpg

Yip, it has most of those features, but vertical dropouts from memory . It's Reynolds 753

Andy

Re:

Very, very nice Andy. Wheels look great - I've some CXP 21s in the same colour. Looks like the original paint job as well? Talking of which Ritchie's helpfully explained that as all the frames were built to the customers' spec not all of them would have come with the internal routing on the top tube. I guess the bottom bracket shell could have changed over time as well as the rear drop outs as you mentioned the vertical ones on yours. Shame the front mech boss/hanger has dissapeared from mine though :) I'm sure I read somewhere of one made from Columbus rather than Reynolds tubing as well? Dave may hopefully be able to help confirm the material used for mine from the serial number. Ritchie confirmed as Neil mentioned that Lloyd frame numbers usual started with the prefix 'LL' but is pretty sure this one's genuine given the stamps on the dropouts. Phew!

Will email Dave today and post back with any further news. Wondering if the weather's gonna change here or will I be heading out in the rain on my Graham Weigh later on this afternoon? :LOL:

Re:

Paint is original. Im in Australia, bought it from a brit who owned it from new and bought it across with him. The wife has a Dave Lloyd too which looks nothing like any others ive seen but has full flamboyant paint job and decals under the lacquer...

I suppose its not inconceivable your seat tube was considered too thinwall for a braze-on fitting, or was specced by a customer who wanted lower gears pre compact days...

Wheels are Mavic CXP33's

Re:

That's a pretty good theory regarding the front mech, hadn't thought of that: There's certainly no trace of one under the (probable) respray. The Lloyds certainly came in some eye catching finishes. I can imagine that looks pretty good in the Australian sun. Mind you, my GW definitely stands out in the Welsh rain!

Re:

Ah, so you were the one pushing the price up? :LOL:

No response from Dave Lloyd as yet I'm afraid. Neil pointed out that Dave's old spray painter, who did the magnificent paint jobs on the frames in the early 90s, is a forum member. Ritchie (who now runs Phoenix Bicycles in Canada) is pretty sure it's genuine:

"...all frames are slightly different, if the internal cable routing is not there, then cable stops were used as internal cables costed more, some customers opted for cheaper options....The lloydy dropout lead me to believe that is real lloydy frame".

It would be great to work out the frame's material. Hopefully I'll hear back from Dave soon - Perhaps he'll be able to confirm some more details from the frame number?

Incidentally there's a Titanium Dave Lloyd up on eBay at the moment - needs a bit of work: Could be a project for someone?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare-Dav ... 1149516881

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Mac_Mwnci":1aovagtd said:
Ah, so you were the one pushing the price up? :LOL:

No response from Dave Lloyd as yet I'm afraid. Neil pointed out that Dave's old spray painter, who did the magnificent paint jobs on the frames in the early 90s, is a forum member. Ritchie (who now runs Phoenix Bicycles in Canada) is pretty sure it's genuine:

"...all frames are slightly different, if the internal cable routing is not there, then cable stops were used as internal cables costed more, some customers opted for cheaper options....The lloydy dropout lead me to believe that is real lloydy frame".

It would be great to work out the frame's material. Hopefully I'll hear back from Dave soon - Perhaps he'll be able to confirm some more details from the frame number?

Incidentally there's a Titanium Dave Lloyd up on eBay at the moment - needs a bit of work: Could be a project for someone?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare-Dav ... 1149516881

To the best of my knowledge Dave's Ti frames were not made by him, so just a "badge engineered" Eastern European ti frame most likely....

Andy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You've probably realised but YO16 5PR is probably the postcode of the original owner... (near Bridlington by the looks...)

Re:

It had crossed my mind (but isn't one according to Royal Mail's website :LOL: )

Anyone with any views as to whether this was built minus braze-ons or if they've simply been removed?

Back