Dating a 531 raleigh Blueridge MTB Frame WA0000345

The A means January so the first month of 1990, Raleigh dropped the W in the frame numbers in 1990, so last of the Workshop numbering that Raleigh nicked off Carlton.

Pearl white can be a nice colour if done right :). Pretty abysmal if not ........

Shaun

Re:

Hi there,
I've got a Raleigh Moonshine that must be the same vintage as you bike. It had the same 531 frame with the same type set for the graphs. I would love to know what year and I would love to see the Raleigh brochure that it was advertised in. Does anyone have this? Could they scan it? The blue ridge was a bike I desperately wanted back in the day, that's why I bought the Moonshine of Retrobike. Enjoy the painting and building look forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks chaps. So, jan90 Blueridge.

Found some non specific raleigh stickers that will do. Same as the ones i used on the 8806 that were right for it.

This is a budget build so trying to use anything i have rather than buy too much .

Blueridge was 1990. Originally a m550 lx group. Thunder road below and moonshine above in the range with the topper the white lightning. We don't have the 1990 lightweight catalogue in the archive only the dynatech one.

Carl

Re:

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to correct the last post, the Raleigh Blueridge had the 400LX groupset. I have two of the blue and orange fluro bikes, they have a few differences, enough to suggest one is an early production example and the other is much later. If anyone is interested I will post up about the differences.

You are right, sometime ago I found and linked the 1990 Lightweight catalogue here. Prior to this my knowledge was based on a friends bike which was running M550 LX, which as he'd got it used was probably upgraded. I don't think M550 was actually used in 1990 on the lightweights as the Blueridge ran 400LX (the was another below it with 300LX in the lightweight range in grey with a fluro green fork but it never made the catalogue), the Thunder road was XCD or E, the Moonshine DX and the White Lighning XC Pro. The LX and XT bikes must have been the new Dynatechs that year.

Back