DAMAGED kona explosif....is it worth anything? NOW WITH PICS

What Dr S said. You won't get much for it like that and it's not economical to repair it just to sell it. However, if it's not miles out of alignment I'd ride it as it is.

I'm not clear exactly what the problem is, but have you performed the string test to see how far out of alignment the rear triangle is?

Read this article to the end. If it isn't too far out of alignment, you should be able to straighten it using Sheldon's method, and with appropriate protection you needn't necessarily cause any damage to the paint.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

By the way if you made the graphics yourself can you make some other ones? I have a few graphics I want/need to be made?

Dr S":1bk70dcm said:
It is physically repairable but is it ecconomically repairable? As a frame only its probably worth £100-150. Factor in the cost of repair, fresh powder and decals, all the running around, cost of fuel, postage etc and it simply isn't worth it.
Now if you had sentimental attachment towards it then it would be worthwhile. But bought in 98, ridden for just two years, dumped in a damp shed for a decade, then stored under the bed for another three, my guess is that it doesn't really hold a special place in your heart.

Best choice is to hang it from the wall in the garage as a reminder of the follies of youth.

yeah I know, It means more to me no that it did then! i wish i had looked after it, i was a lazy teenager! I'm going to bung it on ebay tonight as a spares or repair starting at 99p! ;)

Chute55uk":jaxtoudt said:
By the way if you made the graphics yourself can you make some other ones? I have a few graphics I want/need to be made?

well, i work in a graphics studio where i can make decals but its kind of 'on the sly' if you get my drift, I have made a few other kona ones which I have kept to one side ...did you need any kona ones? i have more explosif ones like this, orange/black 1995 style and a few muni mula made up already....

if its just a solid colour youre after thats no problem (a bit like pace stickers or something similar) as that machine is on my desk (vinyl cutter),
it's when i have to actually print the stickers onto white vinyl with detail etc(that machine is linked to my boss's computer) she doesnt mind the 'odd one or two' going through if you know what i mean but I cant take the mick!...

so yeah, I can do solid colour decals so the lettere are all one colour but 'no not really' for multiple colour stickers- unless you are after any of what i already have made up :cool:

Back