Dad's old Pace

Re: Re:

MatBH5":144vgonv said:
How great to get this back... is that an RC100 with a few later upgrades?
As it was bought second hand in ' 98 I don't think it's had any upgrades, certainly not since we've had it.

MatBH5":tnx79xia said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20895
Have a look here for serial numbers...8

Yes, the serial number is RCO668, but when I look on that list it sets it amongst the RC200's if I'm understanding that right, but mine's got the grease nipples on and I heard these were dropped when the FC200's came along, so what's mine a 100 or a 200?

Mikemanorhouse":2cg3xcas said:
MatBH5":2cg3xcas said:

Yes, the serial number is RCO668, but when I look on that list it sets it amongst the RC200's if I'm understanding that right, but mine's got the grease nipples on and I heard these were dropped when the FC200's came along, so what's mine a 100 or a 200?

It’s deffo a RC100 in my book, I’ve a RC200 F2 serial number RCO482 and it’s different as you point out it’s not got a single grease nipple

RC100 all the way, I reckon. You'll see a load of amazing RC100 restorations on here if you need inspiration. I love a bit of provenance based patina though!

The Bear Valley and Stumpy are nice old bikes as well. Worth giving them a bit of love, even if you prefer motor doping these days...

Retro Spud":1tuxakgh said:
Mikemanorhouse":1tuxakgh said:
MatBH5":1tuxakgh said:

It’s deffo a RC100 in my book, I’ve a RC200 F2 serial number RCO482 and it’s different as you point out it’s not got a single grease nipple

But why would the serial numbers not be consecutive, say if my models earlier than yours, because of the grease nipples, why would the serial number be higher?
Confusing.

We love mysteries at Retro Bike

Your bike is without doubt a fully bonafide RC100 however the serial number is a good few more than my F2 and that’s NOT an especially super early one either.

There’s no way it was an accident as it’s all there (frame and iconic RC100 build kit) - rather than being a morph of the two models shoehorned together, rearstays on an F2 are of a completely different design and that the clincher for me as anyone can drill and tap grease nipples onto an F2 if they set their mind to it.

I’ve sent your big pics back now resized to fit and easier to see which will help folk out and may progress the unearthing of the mysterious serial number

Re:

More Photos

Attachments

• Pace RC100 Bullseye cranks.jpg
    Pace RC100 Bullseye cranks.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 471
  • Pace RC100 Bullseye Hubs RC30 forks.jpg
    Pace RC100 Bullseye Hubs RC30 forks.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 471
  • Pace RC100 Bullseye cranks.jpg
    Pace RC100 Bullseye cranks.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 471
Might get it back at the weekend, cleaned up by my Dad.

Attachments

• Pace RC100 with Magura Hydro Stops.jpg
    Pace RC100 with Magura Hydro Stops.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 471
  • Pace RC100 with Magura RaceLines.jpg
    Pace RC100 with Magura RaceLines.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 471
Back