Dad's old Pace

He bought this second hand from Leisure Lakes in Mere Brow, Lancs in August 1998 on the same day I bought my Marin Bear Valley.
He used it for a bit but moved on. I have just retrieved it from a mate who no longer uses it. It's come back very faded with worn decals and the chrome is rusty.
1st thing I noticed is how light it is lifting it out of the van. There's nothing broken on it.

The serial number on the frame is RCO668, there are the grease nipples on the head & crank and it has the Magura hydraulic brakes.
Can anybody advise which model this is as I'm not sure whether its an RC 100, though the presence of the grease nipples lead me to believe it is.

I've left it with my Dad to fettle as far as he can, he's 86 and an ex-road racer, now rides an electric bike. Knows his bikes!
I've asked him just to get it road worthy and NOT to paint it. I think we've saved it in time.

Hey, thanks for adding me to the forum. Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

I've also got the Marin Bear Valley and the wife's Specialized Rockhopper, both bought on the same day as this Pace in 1998, as we were going on holiday but some git nicked both our existing bikes so we had to replace them sharpish.
I love the Marin, but not so fit these days for getting up the hills! Bought a leccy Giant to help.

Wow what stroke of luck getting that back!

A rare and very desirable bike. A survivor with great patina and period "upgrades"/ replacements.

Give it a clean up and keep (maybe a more correct seatpost...)

Back