cycle to work day

novocaine

Old School Grand Master
Thats right folks, this thursday (4th of August) is the UK annual cycle to work day.
So for all of us who cycle commute on a regular basis, tomorrow is a good day to go in the car and avoid all the wibbly wobbly, slow and slightly dubious folks on 2 wheels and BSO that are going to be out there.

I intend to play "count the helmets" I'm starting at 10, I lose one for every person without one on their bonce and gain 1 if they are wearing one.

it should still be celebrated and hopefully it will have an effect, but I'm not sure 1 day a year is enough.

Im on holiday so not at work, but when working field based it would be impossible for me anyway

early start (as usual) of pre 7am, so only 1 chap, on a gravel bike, struggling up a short sharp climb that runs round a blind corner, whilst weaving across the road.
oh and the road is a 40. I'm not sure what a non cycling person would have done, but I gave him the space to wibble.

Cycling to work turned me into a part-time misanthropist. It's like you have to deal with the worst humanity has to offer. Mostly drunk/high juveniles and fat people on their 10.000€ e-mountainbikes.

Cycling to work turned me into a part-time misanthropist. It's like you have to deal with the worst humanity has to offer. Mostly drunk/high juveniles and fat people on their 10.000€ e-mountainbikes.

Whereabouts do you live? It sounds like the seventh level of hell 🧐

Whereabouts do you live? It sounds like the seventh level of hell 🧐
LOL many would say it is, but I think it has more to do with the fact my route is along the riverside with tons of pubs and venues where people get drunk. Then you have the many park benches along the river where people smoke. It may sound exaggerated but it isn't. There's many accidents on that route of cyclist colliding with those people.

Back