Covid-19 & Cycling - Living with it - Wide Discussion

Re:

As wouldn't have been able to "visit", living at my GF's since March. Couple of bikes with me and lots of free time so I have ridden every day for the last 115 (admittedly 4 have involved indoor turbo). Tarmac and trails. No great distances, but averaging just over 20 miles per day - I plead "over 70 y.o. and shot lungs which arguably put me in "shielded" cohort. If I contract covid I shall almost certainly die. Ironic, dying when fittest I have been for a few years!

Re: Re:

oldave":13z89vgn said:
As wouldn't have been able to "visit", living at my GF's since March. Couple of bikes with me and lots of free time so I have ridden every day for the last 115 (admittedly 4 have involved indoor turbo). Tarmac and trails. No great distances, but averaging just over 20 miles per day - I plead "over 70 y.o. and shot lungs which arguably put me in "shielded" cohort. If I contract covid I shall almost certainly die. Ironic, dying when fittest I have been for a few years!

I take my hat off to you Dave.

Re: Re:

oldave":3qbiimk5 said:

Good on you Dave! Stay safe, stay sane, keep riding.

The only businesses still hiring is the odd LBS that's still in business and our local mortician.
The number of silent ambulancies I see on each and every ride is fukcin insane...

God only knows what kind of horrors is goin on inside those things.

:facepalm:

I offered 4 people jobs this week, 2 others during May. Some sectors are *busy*...

I spoke to an ambulance technician Monday - they're pretty quiet at the moment, nothing sinister going on.

I managed to find time to ride over the mayhem weekend. Next weekend was supposed to be Snowdon 24 :( gutted. At the beginning of this year I was cycling a LOT, training for Mayhem & S24. Covid hit and everything went out the window. I've had 1 weeks holiday in the last 10 months...

Everyone has their own struggle at the moment - I'm doing better than some, I hope You're *all* doing okay.

This yearI'm holidaying in Bour...

No, better not

Looking at my work diary I appear to be furloughed until the end of time.

A friend (I do have them, really) wants me to visit him down in Devon but not really wanting to travel that far just yet.

Noticed much more bike traffic through the village. Oddly no MTB, roadies or E-bikes.

Or like I saw the other day, Mr Roadie being paced by Mrs Roadie on an E-bike.

Also helped a neighbor change forks on a 1968 "Mobylette" - an utter death trap really so will need dig deeper with the brakes.

Seems to be the opposite configuration of an E-bike; the rider must assist the motor on the climbs and start it by pedaling.

Re:

I really really like to ride a bike. I used to go on evening trips at least four times a week. The current situation has greatly influenced my hobby. Once I was even fined for violating the quarantine :( I realized that this could not continue further. But I can’t live without a bicycle either. I decided to start using a stationary bike. My main choice was between these two models https://cyclehealthinfo.com/nordictrack-s15i-vs-s22i/ . It was very it's hard to choose, but still I chose the first bike. I look forward to when it will be possible to ride around the streets without a mask. I miss it a lot ..

Re:

ive been stuck indoors since the beginning of march...i chose the worst time ever to to get cancer and have a pandemic hit at the same time,been hospitalised twice so far ...so if i get covid im toast...cabin fever hit about 2 months ago...xince then ive been having conversations with the carpet,eyeballed the goat across the road for talking about me and taken up compound bow archery in the back garden incase of invasion by covid inflicted zombies....its going to be a long summer..... :facepalm: still good news is only 1 more session of chemo fun to do before my next scan..fun times :facepalm:

Back