Covid-19 & Cycling - Living with it - Wide Discussion

bagpuss":2nixxqvg said:
Woz":2nixxqvg said:
Is it me or where's all the new Shimano lower / mid end road stuff gone?

Virtually no Tiagra or Sora at Wiggle, Rose, Bike-Discount, Decathlon, CRC?

bike-discount.de is giving a 6 week delivery lead-time :?

Anyone heard anything about supply shortages?

I think the lack of long haul travel by plane is having a big effect on the supply chain world wide . Freight cargo carried on passenger fights is just not happening in the volume needed{lack of flights} . Shipping from the far east {Japan }by sea takes about 40 days .

So, effectively I got my 105 rear mech some 8 weeks after ordering from Germany. In a destroyed box.

Still happy though. Oh the irony too.....it's going on a MTB. :p

Re:

A fortnight ago I rode to a holiday cottage we up originally booked for the end of May . Located up in a small valley near Machynlleth .That got cancelled and was transfered to September .
Had a good ride over 2 days .Overnighted at the premier inn at Oswestry . Found it to be excellent .They stored my bike over night . Good evening meal , Superb breakfast that set me up for the rest of the day . The hotel was very well organized to deal with these strange times .
All cafes used en route had outside seating areas.{plenty of tea stops been the order of both days}

A steady 143 miles covered in total .Weather was just right ,no rain to speak of .

The week away was great.Sunshine every day with plenty of walking in the hills and valleys nearby .

Enroute to Abercegir, Powys by rebalrid, on Flickr

An infant river Severn by rebalrid, on Flickr

Lockdown again for many on here. Myself I'll be fiddling in the man-cave with various builds and will try to get on bike
off the beaten paths or use the bike for justifiable errands.

The exercise exemption in France for cyclists is essentially useless unless emulating a hamster in a hamster wheel is your thing.

Re: Re:

bagpuss":22aiu0xi said:
Just ordered a Tamiya Iowa class Battleship as a project . ....going to need a bigger bath!

Not 1:1 scale surely, Paul! Hope you are keeping well in these weird times. Regards, Dave.

Re:

Hi Dave
Yes ploughing on, off the bike at the momment . Have a bug in the system so no riding for the last 2 weeks :evil:
Managed to finish my lastest ride & one I will age into nicely . Spa Way Fairer bulit with mainly donor parts.
Keep the shiny side up .

Spa Wayfarer frame set .Built up with donar parts from another machine by rebalrid, on Flickr

1:1 scale ...I think the locals would have had something to say :LOL:
When we were State side in 2010 we had a tour of the Iowa class "Wisconsin" which is at the Norolk Naval Base in Virginia . Big is an under statement!

Re:

Useful and nice looking bike! I seem to have allowed the fleet to increase again ..... mainly riding what must have been a custom made rough stuff tourer from the early 90s - a Simon Davey, a frame builder about whom I can find nothing!
Onward and ....
Get better soon, Dave.

Re: Re:

bagpuss":3ilxge0w said:
A fortnight ago I rode to a holiday cottage we up originally booked for the end of May . Located up in a small valley near Machynlleth .That got cancelled and was transfered to September .
Had a good ride over 2 days .Overnighted at the premier inn at Oswestry . Found it to be excellent .They stored my bike over night . Good evening meal , Superb breakfast that set me up for the rest of the day . The hotel was very well organized to deal with these strange times .
All cafes used en route had outside seating areas.{plenty of tea stops been the order of both days}

A steady 143 miles covered in total .Weather was just right ,no rain to speak of .

The week away was great.Sunshine every day with plenty of walking in the hills and valleys nearby .

Enroute to Abercegir, Powys by rebalrid, on Flickr

An infant river Severn by rebalrid, on Flickr

Beautiful bike. :D

Back