Covid-19 & Cycling - Living with it - Wide Discussion

Re:

I finished my tip beater bike last night. 'Project Womble'

I have no idea what to do with it, I only bought it because it was dirrrt cheap :facepalm: :LOL:

Attachments

• Wom-1.jpg
    Wom-1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,065
al-onestare":iixpzmpm said:
Woz":iixpzmpm said:
Think I must be weird. I did more cycling in a full lockdown when I wasn't allowed to, and now with
the lockdown lifting I'm in front of the computer surfing bike tat on Ebay and in the man-cave doing unnecessary
bike tinkering. Really need to break this routine up and put some miles in.

My local trails are back to being quiet which is fine by me! Make it a habit to ride; you won't regret it.

Get out everyday, if only for an hour. It's worth it.

I rode quite a lot before lockdown. Now it's part of my routine. I have to go for a ride. My day is incomplete without it.

I've been riding around on some crap over lockdown, mechanically sound, but still crap, and missed maybe 5 days over 14 weeks. It's become an addiction - those missed days were tough.

My partner has been really cool about it. I'm very lucky. She's says I'm easier to get along with when I've been out.

....and there's me. Still not done a proper ride for a while.

Have been on a shakedown ride on a SS I just finished though up and down the village. Mainly to test if I got
the gearing right to go up the hill to the only bottle recycling container in a 13 Km radius. Just getting rid of
the empties backlog I reckon will get me back in shape.

Re:

Monday saw time spent on the allotment weed bashing {Mares tail!!}
Two reasonable trips out on the touring bike Tuesday and Wednesday .Had a lovely take away sausage and egg buttie yesterday {First one in 14 weeks} from my favourite cafe . You should the cakes on sale :p :p
Got very hot on the way home . Bike servicing today .

"My partner has been really cool about it. I'm very lucky. She's says I'm easier to get along with when I've been out.[/quote]

Glad i am not the only one . I will show your post to the missus .She often tells me to go out on my bike . If I have not been out for a couple of days , I can drive her mad .

Back