comparing fitness and road riding, now my training log!!

i'm hoping to lose a bit of weight, i'm not fat or overweight but i am a chunky well built guy, i reckon 1/2 to 3/4 of a stone would make a big difference to my climbing and general riding. but i also intend to gradually extend the ride distance to get the endurance back that i had a few years ago.

like i said my target at the moment is that IOW ride on may the 3rd, unless its pissing down!!!! :LOL:

Hey Jonnyboy,you've got the right idea,I used to keep a training diary and found my fitness came on in leaps.Having a circuit to time yourself on is a great idea and one even the pros use.
Don't get to fixated on weightloss though,if you've never trained properly you may find your weight increase at the beginning as your muscles develop,the weight will come off eventually.Keep enjoying it :D

so today i did the same ride again with adam :D i knew it would be slower than my own times as i'd been doing more and adam hadn't ridden since the previous week, i pushed him a bit in places, after all the idea is we both get fit so making adam chase me a bit is good for him, but also, he's a little more fortunate than me in the fact that he doesn't have to lose weight, he's already a skinny bugger! so he just has to get bike fit, so i think at some point the tables will turn and i'll be chasing adam!!

we started out spinning and gave it a little stick where we could and there was a couple of short intervals in there aswel including 1 unplanned one when some tosspot went mad beeping at us and the passenger shouted "c*nts!!" at us . . . why i don't know, we weren't riding double at the time and it was on an open, no hedges, wide country road with good visability and no other cars, we gave him the finger and thought tosser, he then braked so i launched into a sprint and supprised him by being on his rear wing in seconds! giving it the old what's your f**king problem etc, the driver then booted the car thinking i was about to damage it, we laughed alot!!! :LOL:

ah . . . just realised why the did it, caps, they were wearing caps . . . nuff said.

anyhoo . . . by the time we got to adams house the average was about 16.2, not great but it's then 6 miles back to mine, adam rides to mine, we do the ride then i go with him past his place, he turns off and i go home that way we both do the same milage but just start and finish at slightly different times. it was more windy than last week though. but then i nailed it back and got the average up to 16.8 by the time i was home in a time of 1hr 55minutes for 33miles, so it makes me think that my estimate on average of the first ride with adam was a bit out, it must have been slower because the ride took longer. the forst ride was the only one i didn't have the average recorede, i knew the time and the distance but didn't check the average, and i can't be arsed with maths!

oh and the other thing was we bumped into the DFL team, are they a pro/am team? i think they do the premier calender races don't they? we rode with them for 3 miles quite happily till we went our separate ways at a junction.

so today 1hr55mins
33miles
16.8ave

that'll do, nice easyish spin, can't ride till atleast wednesday now though :(

and i've been using this

Attachments

• condor italia.jpg
    condor italia.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,422
Erm,the Dfl team went tits up at the beginning of last year :? Keep it up jonnyboy :p

there were 8 guys, all matching kit, except 1, various models of bikes , cervelo, look, and a couple of obvious training bikes, the kit was white, black and bits of grey and green iirc, but big black letters saying DFL and something else beginning with "mag------" on the kit if thats any help to identify them.

That's the right kit,they were based in Belgium,1st year rode Treks 2nd year rode Litespeeds,Dan Fleeman,Dan Lloyd and Nico Matain rode for them and all 3 were left high and dry last year.Don't know who you saw,could have been a new team or guys who bought kit?

they were riding double and through and off constantly, maybe they were some of the same guys just still using their same kit? if the team got binned then they might just be using the clothing they were given and riding bikes they already had before.

i do know a bunch of them last year were doing the local saturday morning tri club ride. that is a full on spanking session for shit hot riders only in the fast group, way too quick for me!! :LOL: quite a few good riders there, julian jenkinson, steve whitewick, paul flight, andy rivett (RAAM winners in the 4man last year) mike cottie from cannondale, rob hurd ex belgian pro etc. only the brave go there!!

The 2 Dan's are riding for Cervelo test team now but there were plenty of riders left high n dry,Raced with Rob Hurd once,ard as.... :cool:

IOW looks like the nicer way round this year (at least for me, I'm starting at Yarmouth)

I reckon it's a bit more than 100km - something more like 110-115. I clocked 77 miles last year with a ride to the ferry from parking on the edge Lymington.

Don't to forget to balance in gentle miles too!

Latest posts

Back