comparing fitness and road riding, now my training log!!

got in from a 12hour shift at 6.30ish, decided i'd hit the road on the condor for some miles, besides my boss said he was going out on his bike around the beach, the route i initially take, was hoping to blast past him like he was stood still!! :LOL:

unfortunately i didn't see him :x

i was meaning to go slow but i felt quite good so i started to wind it up abit. i also decided i'd do a couple of hills that to be honest i have been avoiding, they aren't massively hard hills but they're the sort of ones that go on for a bit that just massively scrub off speed and rythmn because of the way they are. i did them on big ring, in 2nd :D

anyway stats for tonight are:-

19.98 miles
max 37.2mph
1hr 1min
19.5 mph average

very happy with that bearing in mind i didn't initially set out to go hard.

i won't be going out tomorrow, it's the 2nd day of 4 12 hour shifts (not to mention the nightshifts after) and there is a time trial tomorrow some friends will be riding so i'll pop over to watch that on the motorbike, then hopefully ride the following day after work again.

i feel pretty good on the bike at the mo so i'm just gonna try and do more recovery style rides so i don't get too tired before mayhem. it wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for this bastard overtime! 72 hours of work in 6 days (this week and next) plus trying to ride hard could be too much, so easy rides it is, but the issue is when i feel ok on the bike i want to ride a bit harder and making myself just easy spin is hard!!

did a ride with adam on sunday, before a nightshift (bad idea by the way) by 3am at work i was dead!! but then i did get up at 7am that day aswel! knob!! :LOL:

i decided to treat adam to modern riding as i've put him through riding retro for a while! he was on the clockwork and i was on the strange. we did our brockenhurst to burley and back ride. i used the strange as it is slower on this sort of ride especially with it 2.25 tyres! sort of wanted to make it fairer on him as i have been doing loads more than he has recently. although he had been doing abit of road riding to work, and it shows aswel. anyway it was a good ride and it was nice to be riding with someone agin as recently for one reason or another most rides have been solo.

here's the stats

20.95 miles
max 29.9mph

sorry that's it, really need to get an average mph or ride timer sorted for this bike!

here's a pic of the weapons

Attachments

• clockwork and strange.jpg
    clockwork and strange.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 352
also rode tonight, hit the road this time, was supposed to be an easy ride as today was the 1st of 6 12hr days in a row again! :cry:

so i decided easy was the way forward, but again i only managed to ride "easy" for some of the time. spinning along in top ring 3rd (53 x 19) there were 2 hills and a couple of false flats, on the false flats i stayed seated and just span and kept the same pace. on the hills i decided to attack them a bit, not full on but a little stick, both these hills were ones that previously i would have been on the inside ring but now i find myself starting seated in top/3rd then dropping to 2nd then standing when needed so all this is really working! :D i don't feel super fit but i feel so much better than, say 6 months ago where every climb seemed hard, now i don't dread hills because i know i can do them.

also a friend (rob hurd, ex pro rider who rode in belgium) i haven't seen for a while commented that i had lost weight and looked fitter, i don't think i have lost weight but i am definately stronger on the bike

anyway here's some stats from tonight

20.1 miles
35.2 max
1 hr 3 mins
19.1 mph average

considering it was a "spin" and i wasn't pushing it, i am pleased with that :D

Back