Columbus MS tubing

Re:

Looking like a proper racing bike with that riding position, cool.!

Yeah. My modern Carrera won't go that low. The tops of the MB's bars are about an inch lower than full drop on the Carrera. A bit of rake soon adds some attitude to a bike. All mine are slammed at the front end for no other reason than it looking cool. About time I grew up eh?

Re:

Absolutely, NOT! :LOL: :LOL:

As long as it's ok to ride, I think it's great with that set up Luke :cool: :cool:

Mike

Re:

Tremendous looking machine 399. How tall were you at 16!!!

Cracking seatstay arrangement; my mates Quinn Lo-pro has the same. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=205374

Your MS tubing sticker is different to mine. Good looking bike you've got; perhaps a silver seatpost and some gumwall tyres would give it that extra retro look.

A couple more pics of my Multishape MB before the restoration begins. Not even had a proper wash yet.

Re: Re:

FINNEY1973":3aydq9da said:
Tremendous looking machine 399. How tall were you at 16!!!

Cracking seatstay arrangement; my mates Quinn Lo-pro has the same. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=205374

Your MS tubing sticker is different to mine. Good looking bike you've got; perhaps a silver seatpost and some gumwall tyres would give it that extra retro look.

Thanks. I've already got some Michelin hi lites sorted to make it look all '93 again. Silver post sounds good too. I'll look out for a long aero one in 25mm, as I've only seen short Campag logo'd ones so far. I also fancy a Flite titanium for it, as its Vetta SL is a bit tatty now, but there''s other stuff to do first. Next month''s purchase is a headset and Record 172.5 42 52 chainset. What''s your MS sticker look like?

Just had a look at your Quinn. That wishbone''s tyre clearance is niiiiiiice! Stunning Lo pro. Stunning.

Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.

As I also have a MS tube frame I was thinking it's a good thing to contribute to the story. Here is my MAZA Elite in Columbus MS tubing. From my research on the builder and the era, I think it was made in 89-90's. Mine is fitted with complete DA 7400 8 speed groupset. So almost period correct.

uYV0XOm.jpg

Here: http://cicli-berlinetta.de/2015/10/23/m ... pe-tubing/ is a link to a different MAZA from the same era (my frame has the serial number is 13, the Cicli Berlinetta one is 10).

One more thing, as far as I know the seat tube diameter is 25mm not 25.4mm.

Best, Stefan

Mega colour-scheme! Particularly like the tops of the forks. Nice bike indeed. Not heard of Maza before.

Mine takes a 25.0 seatpost

stefaneven":ryhytlma said:
Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.

As I also have a MS tube frame I was thinking it's a good thing to contribute to the story. Here is my MAZA Elite in Columbus MS tubing. From my research on the builder and the era, I think it was made in 89-90's. Mine is fitted with complete DA 7400 8 speed groupset. So almost period correct.

uYV0XOm.jpg

Here: http://cicli-berlinetta.de/2015/10/23/m ... pe-tubing/ is a link to a different MAZA from the same era (my frame has the serial number is 13, the Cicli Berlinetta one is 10).

One more thing, as far as I know the seat tube diameter is 25mm not 25.4mm.

Best, Stefan

Hi Stefan. That's a stunning looking bike and unusual again with it being another MS frameset built in the 90s.
That paint job must have taken days to do. What's the story with it? Where's it from and how did you end up with it etc? Cheers...Luke.

Back