Colnago 'pro' frame?

In a TV TdF stage aftertalk a couple years ago Henk Lubberding explained that in the final year before the Panasonic team started racing the marvelous Panasonic PR-6000 bicycle, a certain number of the Colnagos were actually PR-6000 protos in disguise. I would love to own such bicycle.

Elev12k":mgjqxyl4 said:
Why did Codagex do the painting themselves?

It all dates back to a time when Colnago was having great troubles getting frames painted in a timely way in Italy, so Codagex agreed to spend the money and invest in a paint operation in exchange for the right to import unpainted frames. The paint schemes are proposed by Colnago and Codagex is able to choose the ones that they like and reproduce them. This does mean that at times you can get old paint schemes in Belgium that are no longer available in Italy. I think quality-wise the more recent frames painted in Italy are now better than those painted in Belgium, but there was a time when the Belgian paint was likely better,

love your wife's enthusiasm :LOL:

IMHO Colnago's masking technique during this period as well as the ostentatious color schmes their art department came out with were uniquely theirs (copied by others but non quite captured the character).

thats a great find

Beautiful!!!! :cool: :cool:
And in your last image there is my 'Wanted' Frame... a Cougar in Mapei colours. I sold mine Stoopidly!!! :oops: would Love it back...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Damm!!!!! Too Big!!! I had a 52cm...I also had mine custom sprayed. Where the white areas are I had it a light pastel Blue, more akin to the Mapei frames & didn't look to sharp against the rest of the paint...
Man! I wish that was a 52cm.... :( :(

Copied from my 'rides' thread.
I decided to email info@colnago and see if they could shed any light, indeed even get back to me with any information on my bike or colour. I wasn't holding my breath but I did get a reply within 24 hours from a laura thanking me for my choice of bikes and to state the frame number ! I replied immediately and again within 24 hours got a reply.

'Dear Mr. Brown, your frame was made for a Belgian customer to custom paint code'.

In my words that's unique. In other peoples, bloody good job too :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe it was painted up for a flush / pro rider after all.......
Maybe actually painted in Italy too.....

Back