Collection tomorrow of my first Mercian, Cant wait!!!

Re:

Regardless of your age, getting a new bike is an amazing feeling.
Same at 50 as it was at 10. :D

negaultra7 that is a lovely Mercian :) lucky man.
Would like to hear more of your views on how it rides, especially compared to your other machines.
Enjoy it as I'm sure you will.

I agree with the above comment as well, that it doesn't matter whether your young or old, a new bike always has that magic feeling.

Jamie

Re:

Lovely bike.
Only became aware of the brand recently, but they are on the shortlist for my 40th birthday bike.

Great looking machine Neil.

quote from my Raleigh Owners handbook c1972 which came with may first bike a Raleigh Rebel...

"Few things in life equal the thrill of owning a brand new bike..."

How true. Lovely bit of copywriting too.

Nice bike mate. I have two Mercians, and if I stop anywhere where other cyclists are around they always acknowledge them. The obviously have a reputation that preceeds them. Have you found the same yet!!

Matt

Jamiedyer":3vpqbloj said:
negaultra7 that is a lovely Mercian :) lucky man.
Would like to hear more of your views on how it rides, especially compared to your other machines.
Enjoy it as I'm sure you will.

I agree with the above comment as well, that it doesn't matter whether your young or old, a new bike always has that magic feeling.

Jamie

Ive been out twice now and both times the bike has rode perfectly, I have to say its taking some getting used to using the gear changers on the downtube as ive been using sti shifters.
the bike feels lightweight responsive and is very fast, and very comfortable to ride.

im loving the bike but I may put some sti gear shifters on, ill see how it goes :D

Neil

Re:

:LOL: I would personally keep the downtube shifters :LOL:
Once your used to them they are really easy and intuative, but I suppose its what you prefer as its your lovely machine. Variety is the spice of life and all that ;)
I have STi's on my Merckx and my tourers, currently my Long Haul Trucker has DA downtube shifters, both work great. I grew up with downtube shifters so do like them. Maybe just give them a while for you to get used to where you are with them.

Jamie

Re:

Some more pictures of my Mercian now i've converted it to STI's, i've installed Shimano Sora shifters front and rear mech, also fitted Cinelli Campione Du Monde handlebars, and finished off with some Cinelli cork handlebar tape which is so comfy.

i love this bike so much, its a dream to ride......

mercian005-1.jpg

mercian004.jpg

mercian003.jpg

mercian002.jpg

mercian001-1.jpg

mercian030.jpg

mercian031.jpg

mercian028.jpg

Re:

Im thinking of selling my Mercian, would anybody be interested? Frame size 59cm
Im open to sensible offers
Neil