Clockwork info thread

Sure thing, will try to sort this tomorrow, if not then certainly at the weekend.
Cheers, Mat

tuubz":1az1i4mq said:
YY30Rbn.png

Mat would you mind retaking this picture , making it a bit clearer please.
Try to take it straight on if you can.
It will help me to reconstruct my similar decal.

Thanks mate

Can I ask who are you going to use for reproduction of the gold and black decals, I suspect this info may prove invaluable to many of us.

:cool:

Im planning on doing them myself if i can source the correct materials.
Its all a bit experimental at the moment but would prefer to reproduce them as close to the originals as possible. I want them on top of the paint and and lacquer as per original and dont really want cut vinyl. Im not knocking anybody else's work but if ive got to use repros i want them to look original if possible.

tuubz":328hhx3m said:
Im planning on doing them myself if i can source the correct materials.
Its all a bit experimental at the moment but would prefer to reproduce them as close to the originals as possible. I want them on top of the paint and and lacquer as per original and dont really want cut vinyl. Im not knocking anybody else's work but if ive got to use repros i want them to look original if possible.

Respect! That's really getting into the spirit of restoration. It will be great to see the repro process you use – looking forward...

FluffyChicken":1pxkalnz said:
brocklanders023":1pxkalnz said:
tuubz":1pxkalnz said:
Question for Brocks : what was attatched to the wishbone ?

There is a broken boss just below the rear cable stop which i have now removed. It is now noticeable that the hole has been drilled rather crudely and is off centre.

Im thinking of brazing it up if the feeling is it is not a factory detail.

Don't think anything was attached tbh. I noticed it and wondered if it was there for some prototype reason but more likely some one drilled it for a mudguard at some point. :?

Pictures ?
Could be anything if a Prototype and they just drill and added things. Who know ;)

That's the best I've got.

Attachments

• clockwork 034.jpg
    clockwork 034.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 328
Not sure whether this is much better - tricky place to angle the camera, and hit file size issues with upload. I'm going to strip the bike down over the Xmas period so I might be able to get a better shot then.

Attachments

• gold foil badge take 2.jpg
    gold foil badge take 2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 318
Back