Clockwork build advice please

Re:

Thanks, the colour is sour apple, powder coat with a clear coat on top. I haven't decided wether to add after market Orange decals or not.

Thanks for the frame info too, it has the bridge between the chain stays which I believe was gone by 93/94. Is that a frame no at the bottom of your post and can they be decoded to give the year ? not sure I can read this one's through the paint now

I think some sort of riser bar would be sensible and useful to know about the Diacompe levers

Re:

There's a nice highly recommended chap on here called Gil – he can reproduce the various period decals to match the year, model and also your personal colour to choice. Email him on gil@thecycleshed.co.uk if you wish. I applied '93 style decals to mine.

The chainstay bridge occurs on the earlier frames (like 89/90). Located on the top of the non-drive side bottom bracket shell there should be a funny shaped brazed on front derailleur cable router with the earlier frames. Mine has the bridge and the cable router and also the frame number is stamped into the underside of the bottom bracket. Orange kept developing and changing their frames so it can be tricky pinning down a period but you seem to have an early one – nice!

I swapped to risers as the flats can pretty unforgiving on any long commute or bumpy trail. Had the Dia Compes on from early 90's and I just can't get rid of them.

Re:

Thanks for the transfer info.

Yes there is a front cable router looks fairly normal to be but my road bike is 76 vintage so maybe just what I'm used to.

I'll be putting up some of the old components up on the for sale board later, might be something of use to someone

Re: Re:

twiddler":kiyh46fw said:
Thanks for the transfer info.

Yes there is a front cable router looks fairly normal to be but my road bike is 76 vintage so maybe just what I'm used to.

I'll be putting up some of the old components up on the for sale board later, might be something of use to someone

That's the fella! Early Clockwork then. Those are nice clean threads in the BB too. I'd be interested in the Orange Stalk, btw ;)

Id a lime green clockwork though that was 98 or 99 :? It is a nice colour after you get over the initial shock :LOL:

Back