Cinelli Supercorsa, Let's Try Again Shall We

If you ignore the smudges the rims came up well. Just gently scoured the brake surfaces to remove brake marks and polished the tops. It also shows the practically new freewheel, shame to swap it out but a 14-21's just too narrow. Polished the hubs too, didn't need much work at all.

Attachments

• Rear-Wheel-f.jpg
    Rear-Wheel-f.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 522
  • Front-Wheel_f.jpg
    Front-Wheel_f.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 522
The Cobra bottle cage was red, so that was de-anodised and polished the best I could. But it's really poor quality aluminium so didn't come up great but looks fine from arms length.

Attachments

• Bottle-Cage-f.jpg
    Bottle-Cage-f.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 522
As with the Moser the idea's to have it as a drop bar and flat bar by swapping the front ends. So I de-andoised and polished up the blades on some Dia-Compe SS7's for the flat version. Took far longer than I expected as there were quite a few low areas.

Attachments

• SS7-f.jpg
    SS7-f.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 521
I bought Clements Strada LLC 28c tan wall tyres for the Moser

http://clementcycling.com/strada-lgg-road

Only 1 arrived as they'd run out of stock, I cancelled the other as I've a feeling they'll be too big for the Cinelli. If they are then it will either be 25c versions of the Clements, Veloflex Masters or Vittoria Corsa SC's.

The anodised Campag parts have been cleaned but not much to see there, just clean bits! Oh, I forgot that I polished the shifters, will take a pic tomorrow. But that basically gets things up to date.

Skynet":1ztqaqf7 said:
Anyone who has the fairing style bottom bracket, do you put bare cables through as normal or are you meant to have some sort of outer on where it goes through?

For an expensive frame you'd think they could clean the crap out of the bottom bracket threads.
I also have a cinelli SC with the fairing shell , I used some Teflon coated liner, as found inside brake cable outer ,secured with a spot of super glue works fine. On my build this was essential, as I'm running modern Campag ergo's where extra friction messes the gear change.

chipper":1i2qojw1 said:
Skynet":1i2qojw1 said:
Anyone who has the fairing style bottom bracket, do you put bare cables through as normal or are you meant to have some sort of outer on where it goes through?

For an expensive frame you'd think they could clean the crap out of the bottom bracket threads.
I also have a cinelli SC with the fairing shell , I used some Teflon coated liner, as found inside brake cable outer ,secured with a spot of super glue works fine. On my build this was essential, as I'm running modern Campag ergo's where extra friction messes the gear change.

That's a good idea, thanks. It wasn't just the friction I had been thinking about it was also the paint wear.

Had and idea of a small badge thing for somewhere like the stem. Was going to saw insets as per the logo then fill with enamel, not sure I have the skill to do that though.

I used a piece of sterling silver sheet and the pic shows it before tidying next to a pound coin, so the insets would be tiny and I'll just end up snapping it.

Might still be able to use it for something as is (but tidied up), it would age differently to aluminium so might work OK.

Attachments

• WhatsIt.jpg
    WhatsIt.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 484
looking forward to seeing it finished .

hopefully will be able to see it on the Kent roads .

The light picked up every micro scratch, so need to do more polishing but it looks ok. I'll find a place for it.

Attachments

• WhatsIt2.jpg
    WhatsIt2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 474
Back