Check out my crack!

My better half has bought stuff which wasn't as described in the past and as soon as she got in touch with ebay a refund was promptly issued, she even got to keep the stuff from time to time. I'd return it as well, with a photocopied artwork of my crack

Strange place for a crack to develop , would have expected it to start in a corner where
there is less material in cross section

Reactions: Woz
Looks like a comfy ride around the harbor.

Seller says it's shipping damage, checked over before dispatch etc. I say it's been over tightened and cracked it.

What say you?
This is obvious to me, but for your consideration:

If you look at the crack zoomed in with your photo you'll notice a few things:
- There is no sign of blunt force anywhere around the crack or crank bolt hole
- There is splitting half way between the outer part of the arm and inner part of the arm (small cracking below the main crack)
- MOST OBVIOUSLY, the large crack that is there is full of dirt and grime that matches the dirt and grime on the cranks
- If the crack were fresh, the metal exposed via the crack would have a luster or refract more light than the dull metal around the crack
- He torqued these down using steel crank arm bolts to a steel spindle bottom bracket to 6,000,000 ft/lbs, split them and has tried to pass on his asshatery to you (at your expense)

This dude is being a douche. Point that out, get your money back then light him up in the feedback for being a dishonest assshole.

When I've had problems with parts from eBay, I've simply gone back to them and suggested it may have been damaged in shipping. Seller gets to save face, and I get a full refund either from them (usually) or via eBay dispute process.

I had an alluminium frame turn up once with a 2" dent in the rear of the seat tube....apparently damaged in the post.....

Until i pointed out the box was perfect and there was pipe lagging on that bit.

Chancers .....got to love them.

Although it was better wrapped than the frame that came sellotaped into 2 bin bags 😂

Back