** Canfield EPO - Carbon 29er **

Re:

Been looking for inspiration to get out more on the bike.... sore knees, sore shoulders have been getting me down, and the thought of going for even a wee pedal somewhere with the front end pogoing around doesn't help at all! :oops:

Thinking of changing bike even.... maybe a gravel/adventure bike type thing - the 2019 Surly Ogre in brick red is nice, but it's a heavy old thing whereas my EPO is not! Was getting myself all confused and muddled.... buying a new bike when I don't use the one I have enough already?! :facepalm:

Seemed like swapping forks would at least give me the push to get out more and maybe just do some miles on the road with more appropriate tyres?!

My last few builds have been rigid, so I've just ordered some new forks, these are on the way from Germany as we speak :cool:

Attachments

• niner.jpg
    niner.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,085
Re:

Now going for the full "Geography Teacher" look with an Ergon SM Pro saddle to hopefully stop the numbness in the nether regions, and some GA3 grips to help with tingling fingers! :facepalm:

Attachments

• grip.jpg
    grip.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,048
  • saddle.jpg
    saddle.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 1,048
Re:

Ergon grips arrived, they feel great even still attached to the packaging!! :LOL:

Attachments

• grips.jpeg
    grips.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 1,004
Re:

Those green DVO forks will be for sale.
They are in immaculate/as-new condition with no marks whatsoever and are fully invisiframe protected.
I have the original box and documents too.

The saddle will be available also.

Just ask if you're interested! :cool:

Re:

That's the saddle arrived, just waiting on the forks now! :cool:

Attachments

• saddle.jpeg
    saddle.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 973
Re:

Forks arrived from Germany today, and things of beauty they are! :D

Green paint finish is fab, reminds me of my old Ibis Tranny, and the gloss UD carbon matches the EPO frame perfectly! :cool:

They came with a carbon steerer bung and a Rockshox 15mm maxle so fitting was very straightforward, just required front brake disc down-sizing from 203 to 180mm.

Here are a few shots from earlier, will get some outside pics done tomorrow as need to set the saddle and grips set up.

Attachments

• n6.jpeg
    n6.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 939
  • n5.jpeg
    n5.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 939
  • n4.jpeg
    n4.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 939
  • n3.jpeg
    n3.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 939
  • n2.jpeg
    n2.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 939
  • n1.jpeg
    n1.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 939
Re:

Fork fitted, and a few pics taken in between the rain showers!

The head tube/fork crown join looks perfect, like it was meant to be!

White logos on the ends of the grips tie in nicely, the only thing I didn't like was the head badge, so I've painted it satin black, looks much better with the stealth look now! :cool:

Still have to dial-in the saddle position and tweak the front caliper to stop it rubbing, but very happy with the finished result.

Looks fast and it's very light too, should be fun to ride!

Attachments

• n7.jpeg
    n7.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 916
  • n6.jpeg
    n6.jpeg
    300.1 KB · Views: 914
  • n5.jpeg
    n5.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 914
  • n4.jpeg
    n4.jpeg