CAN WE MAKE STANDARD DECORUM TO CHECK THE WTD ADS FIRST?

Re: Re:

d8mok":q18qhfiw said:
Please don’t confuse what I’m saying. I log on and click “new posts” so I see any wanted adverts and would respond if I had anything. I’d also look if it’s a recent post. But to look back over 4-5 years like the OP mentioned is absurd.

Totally agree with this, it is up to the person looking to bump the subject regularly to keep it current, as well as acknowledging when the parts have been found in the title, I get fed up looking at Wanted ads just to find they have found what they want already :evil:

jimo746":3uqxb8du said:
If you've been looking for a certain part for 4-5 years, and you REALLY want that part, then I'd suggest you might consider "upping your game" and spending more time actively searching for said part, rather than appearing as though you'd like the part to simply fall into your lap.
Its worth exploring other possibilities outwith Retrobike too, Eg Facebook etc which many who don't frequent Retrobike regularly use.
I do check the Wanted section, sometimes it saves the time and effort of creating a lengthy For Sale post, and I've also had good success with replies to my Wanted ads.
Some things are just rare or obscure and simply don't come up for sale very often, it can be annoying if you miss something, but that's life.

100% agreed. You've got to really dig deep these days and use all the resources available to score those unicorn pieces. And sprinkle some universe alignment.

d8mok":14o1at44 said:
I agree. It’s a nice community with some great members.

But I just think it’s asking a bit much ..... search function isn’t great at all so it would take ages. Plus if using a mobile device which I do it’s really hard work.

Surely the answer is for you to spend more time on RB? Win win

+1. Site search is pretty hopeless. Easiest way to get an uber rare part is to make a serious offer for one. Someone will ALWAYS sell/trade if the offer is right. Cant see the point waiting years for a rare part IF you really want it for a special build. Lifes too short to try to save ~ £50 imo. Easily spent on a round of drinks..We are all getting on and there are only so many good years left to enjoy these amazing rides. Yup, its all relative budgetwise of course but if its tinned beans for 6months you are in the wrong hobby.

I am on here quite a bit and most things that come up for sale are bought by members who dont log in regularly.

Also how do you know the person who bought the item wasnt looking for it longer!? Have you posted a wanted ad for the items you have been searching for? i know you havent got time to be on here all the time but maybe everytime you are just bump your wanted ad up.

Like others have said, if you want something that bad then you will find a way. I always get replies to wanted ads regardless of how rare the item is, admittedly it can take a while but i just dont give up trying.

I also think there is community spirit here, i constantly bump my wanted ads and regular users notice after a bit, on many occasions i have been contacted by others to tell me of the item for sale, they usually post on the for sale thread too that i am searching for said item.

you gotta be in it to win it :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

I always check the wanted ads before listing items for sale, the problem is there are so many. Maybe a shorter expiry for wanted ads so you can see the woods for the trees?

Maybe put the parts wanted in your signature? More chance of people seeing it

Re:

Like a seller naming their price, maybe its time Sellers placing Wanted ads state a ball park budget and or trade offer.

..so i was bored, and i spend too much time on here :roll: :LOL:

sorry if im off the mark, but i presume your post is in relation to the wanted ad for the XTR post!? the one you last posted on over 3 years ago, and which was replied to later the same day, which today you revisited to find the reply you had missed.

Re:

maybe we should have a 'might sell this but does anyone want it here before I sell it to someone else' section
emot-niggly.gif

Back