Can we be told in advance about BOTM?

Dr S":2d4wqwjb said:
I am sometimes saddened to see long standing members of this great site, members who like to promote a happy- clappy world of inclusion, take every opportunity to take swipes at those that have taken the effort to raise their game to a higher level.
But hypothetically, if some are taking swipes, that doesn't appear to be why they're hypothetically doing so, alledgedly. (years of watching Have I Got News For You have not been in vain...
Dr S":2d4wqwjb said:
Yes, some of those people can be a pain in the ass, but inclusion is a two way street and they should get the same respect as someone who is content to own lesser collections.
Indeed they are. Who gets swipes taken at them for having top notch collections? Can't say as I've seen it.

And if it ever did occur, I suspect there would be just as much vocal protests as there are when those with lesser collections, aspirations or interests attract sly digs or jibes.

In my opinion, where people do get criticised, by some, here, on this theme, seems to be when their comments are of an un-inclusive nature.

Neil":3a8pcas7 said:
In my opinion, where people do get criticised, by some, here, on this theme, seems to be when their comments are of an un-inclusive nature.

I wholeheartedly endorse this comment.

be interesting to see how the so called 'elite' of the forum would react to meeting someone with a low end bike out on the trails? i'm sure everything would be a lot more friendly.

jamabikes":34e0s48q said:
be interesting to see how the so called 'elite' of the forum would react to meeting someone with a low end bike out on the trails? i'm sure everything would be a lot more friendly.

They point and laugh at me.

This old chestnut, it must be getting near to Christmas! Top posts by Pete and Dorian Ruddock that really are worth re-reading.

However posts by others regarding descriptions of superior and lesser collections aren't really on very solid ground - I thought that the discussion of who decides what is 'quality' had been done in depth and decided to be fruitless? As Arsene Wenger had it, eveyone thinks that they have the prettiest wife at home.

Never being one to miss a chance for pretension however, I turn to Robert M Pirsig who had something directly relevant to say regarding quality in 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance', namely that quality is an undefinable term. In summary he suggested that to really experience quality you have to both embrace and apply it as best fits the requirements of the situation (in other words it will mean different things to different people in different circumstances so trying to arrive at an absolute understanding of quality is absolutely futile - one mans meat is another mans poison). Adopting that, which is easier said than done with all the various competing influences around us, could well deal with a considerable amount of frustration and dissatisfaction common to modern life. Word.

Don't go chasing waterfalls.

Ed

ededwards":6hnupqu0 said:
Don't go chasing waterfalls.

Ed

Thanks for the advice. I would have been running around like a freaking madman :LOL:

waterfalls126.jpg

"eveyone thinks that they have the prettiest wife at home."

I don't. That's why I'm sleeping with my mates wife
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :shock:

Back