10 sp cassette on 9sp hub and derailleur shifter questions

Yes. They all pull far further than you will probably need. The limitation is more likely to be the swing on the front mech if you have a particularly wide chainline.

Oddly, I've just dumped that set up ( used since 2007), but only because i finally finished restoring a pair of 8 speed thumbies!

So i stripped the bike completely and gave it a long aver due overhaul!

Attachments

• 20221220_130118.jpg
    20221220_130118.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 2
Yes. They all pull far further than you will probably need. The limitation is more likely to be the swing on the front mech if you have a particularly wide chainline.

Oddly, I've just dumped that set up ( used since 2007), but only because i finally finished restoring a pair of 8 speed thumbies!

So i stripped the bike completely and gave it a long aver due overhaul!
Thanks
I’ll be on a 10sp with a double up front - not sure how many teeth but same as a normal middle ring
Rear the Ultegra mentioned above
So as it’s a double not sure whether it’ll be worth using the LH trigger shifter of the same type as that’s likely a triple speed

Its the 10 speed rear road mech that may be the issue.....I think....and it seems to be agreed above, that 10 speed road mechs don't go with 10 speed mtb kit.

Although, my 10 speed knowledge is woefully lacking, im the first to admit....all way way too modern for me!

Im sure somebody will correct me if wrong...

Or you could just run friction and avoid all the problems!

Its the 10 speed rear road mech that may be the issue.....I think....and it seems to be agreed above, that 10 speed road mechs don't go with 10 speed mtb kit.

Although, my 10 speed knowledge is woefully lacking, im the first to admit....all way way too modern for me!

Im sure somebody will correct me if wrong...

Or you could just run friction and avoid all the problems!
Only limited options SL-R770 sifters will do nicely as they probably the LX M570 redone

I will likely use both L and R of the above - that’s if I find a set for a decent amount.
I do prefer friction for front mech though
These say 2x10 and 3x10 - I don’t get it - can the shifter be set ? Or it’s just a a 3x10

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I assume the mech limit screw sets the travel of the shifter....as theres no difference in distance between rings......

Back