Buying advice for a small child bike.

I would have thought so. Just been to the lbs to collect so.e wheels and had a mooch at 5he kids bikes. A brand called early riders caught my eye. Expensive compared to others but seem really nice. Belt drive on the one I saw and look pretty sweet compared to the generic brands.

Re:

Belt drive sounds good, although likely expensive.

Just off to Evans so looking forward to muttering "that's heavier than my MTB" at every opportunity I get.

Re:

Just out of interest, don't keep the stabilzers on. My Nephew learnt on a balance bike and because he already had learn't to balance he was off down the promenade without them straight away as fast as a pretty fast thing!!
put my son to shame as he had only just learnt ( with stabilizers) and he's 2 years older!!

ishaw":1ezjs3bo said:
I would have thought so. Just been to the lbs to collect so.e wheels and had a mooch at 5he kids bikes. A brand called early riders caught my eye. Expensive compared to others but seem really nice. Belt drive on the one I saw and look pretty sweet compared to the generic brands.

Was it Evans you went to?
I saw the early rider with belt drive, it's nice, pricy though at £280!
All the staff were busy and they only had about 5 kids bikes in the whole shop, none of them had stabilisers so we left.

Re: Re:

Gruff":3qtydjxs said:
Just out of interest, don't keep the stabilzers on. My Nephew learnt on a balance bike and because he already had learn't to balance he was off down the promenade without them straight away as fast as a pretty fast thing!!
put my son to shame as he had only just learnt ( with stabilizers) and he's 2 years older!!

Possibly, although he wasn't the most confident on his balance bike!

Re:

The advantage of Islabikes is they hold their value, plus they are light and amazingly well specd for kids. If you buy mint S/H and junior looks after it, you will most likely get ALL/most of your money back, which you defo won't with other brands. Easy to tape up the cranks without pedals or take them off and they can practise using it as a balance bike first.

Back