Bullseye hubs

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Can I convert BMX hubs to MTB? I’m assuming the shells are the same but it’s just the axles/spacing that need adjusting?

Won the eBay auction last night but how easy is it to find a 143mm axle plus spare washers?

Won the eBay auction last night but how easy is it to find a 143mm axle plus spare washers?
Very 😜
(in the 1st post quite far down )

A guy called Nev payne makes these. Hit him up on his FB profile

Attachments

• IMG_1743.jpeg
    IMG_1743.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 8
I used Bullseye Hubs in late 1980s on BMX builds for my kids. They’re more hype than good in my opinion. Racers here would try them and the sell them. They need constant bearing play adjustments as they come easily loose. Other wise they’re good. The reason racers here got rid of them was the bearing issue. Perhaps they weren’t good, slightly defective during this period.

The hubs have arrived and they’re MTB’s not BMX (they came with a 143mm axle), which is great 👍.

However, with the four/seven washer set up, the OLD measures 132mm. I can move the locking rings out but then there’s a lot of lateral play. Two more washers would get me to 135mm. IMG_1683.jpeg IMG_1685.jpeg IMG_1687.jpeg IMG_1688.jpeg

Back