Freewheel recommendations for Bullseye hubs?

Jourian

Retro Guru
Hi, I have got a nice pair of yellow Bullseye hubs that are in need of a freewheel. I am not really familiar with freewheels and looking for recommendations and thoughts on good quality 7-speed freewheels from the late 80s.

PXL_20240126_181454554.jpg

Thanks,

Jourian

Sachs was the block of choice for many BITD and many NOS and good secondhand units still available.
Interloc and Sunrace make good units today and may be easier to find a particular ratio.

I use Dura-Ace 7sp and Sachs on mine. Both shift nicely with thumbies.Not tried the new Sunrace yet but plan to this summer. 🤔

Thanks for the replies! I think I might go for a Sachs. They are recommended several times and are availability appears to be quite good after a quick search on the web.

If you get anything with a 12T cog, make sure you spray oil/lube inside the gap between the axle and the inside of the cog to displace any water after a wet ride or a wash. Freewheel bearing lump is a larger diameter than a freehub so the smallest cog can hang over outrigger style. This leaves a little pocket where water can sit and penetrate into the bearings over time. This can be a thing but I've never had any problems with any of mine.

Back